Number of Mods

DragonGwen

Farmer
*ITS MY 500th POST YAY!*
I'm pretty sure it's as much as your computer can handle. I've heard people say that they have 400+ mods.

MoonyBeasty

Cowpoke
I've been playing with Ridgeside Village, Stardew Valley Expanded, and East Scarp, all pretty big mods. As well as a lot of smaller mods, and my computer has been fine. It really does depend on how much your computer can handle, but since Stardew Valley is already a pretty light game you can probably use quite a few before the game starts to chug.

Dyanosis

Tiller
How many mods can you play with on Stardew Valley?

Because im playing it via steam

Let me know
As many as are compatible with each other. There are tons of "mod packs" on Nexus that are put together because they all represent a specific theme/mechanic improvement or because they're all expansion (like SVE, Ridgeside, East Scarp, Mt Vapius, etc).

I've seen people with over 300 mods. I'm currently running 92. The only mod that makes my game "chug" is Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion whenever I play multiplayer with my gf. If we play solo, the mod works fine. But as soon as we get into multiplayer, it's literally minutes per save that we have to wait. Not sure if the game is try to reload the dialogue every single day, but it's so bad we just decided not to use it. Not really in the game for the dialogue, to be honest. But however many you want.