Drake v Kendrick Beef

Lately there has been a lot of commotion on the internet about Kendrick Lamar and Drake having beef--and I don't mean of the bovine variety.
I haven't paid Drake any mind since probably 2011 because I found him boring and never really listened to Kendrick before as modern rap doesn't easily break through the thick wall of Lana Del Rey and Alice in Chains.

Last night my husband and I spent over an hour learning the lore and listening to their recent opposing disses, and y'all... KENDRICK'S DRAKE DISSES ARE INCREDIBLE! He's got that old school Eminem vibe, sprinkled with a little ICP, and Tech N9ne, but above all, he can write incredibly well (I guess there's a reason he won a Pulitzer Prize) and I admire his storytelling abilities, even if it is just for the sake of talking mad smack.
This has inspired me to listen to his catalog of music and it made me curious where you stand on the Kendrick/Drake beef and if you have strong opinions about it either way.

Draconifors

Planter
Who? I think I have seen Drake's name mentioned somewhere once or twice, but that's all I know about either of these people.

Never really understood the point of diss tracks, either. Then again, rap is not my thing.

Do you think this is Drakes downfall? I don’t think he’ll be able to come back from this. He seems to be a laughingstock now
It very well could be, but he's got a sturdy fan base that'll probably still stick by him regardless. For him personally, it's going to be challenging to move forward for sure because Kendrick absolutely demolished him. His disses weren't terrible but compared to what Kendrick put out it's clear he should have stuck to more feeling-y music instead of trying to be a hardened, street smart rapper because we all know he's a Canadian child actor who was born into a comfortable life. The accusations of inappropriate interactions could definitely turn into something as he's got a well-documented history of that kind of thing; whether it's been blown out of proportion or not is to be seen, but it's not looking that good because even teenage Millie Bobby Brown confirmed he'd tell her how much he misses her when she was half his age and that's crazy weird for any late-20's/early-30's person to say to a young teenager that's not a niece or nephew.

Junimo4659

Farmhand
idk but not like us is lowkey a good song. i don’t have strong opinions on the situation, but as music artists they r both very nice