Linus the Peeping Tom

Sana

Sodbuster
Anyone else notice Linus just staring into the bathhouse like a creep? Um sir... You cant just stare into the Men's Locker Room like that! :pskull: :shorts:

riklaunim

Tiller
Is he? IMHO he is trying to use the spa when no one other is present? Like in the fall, he is commenting on the spa water.

And the building doesn't have many windows on the base floor and the locker rooms don't seem to have windows.

ArtifactSpot

He’s a naturalist and one with nature but even he gets freezing cold in the winter and goes in the corridor not the dressing rooms to warm up. He says so. It has nothing to do with being creepy. He’s freezing cold, wouldn’t you be?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think he just uses the spa to heat up and says it himself, being cooped up in a tent in all winter doesn’t sound amazing and the guy deserves some basic amenities like heat, it’s a public area too, why can’t he use it, we don’t really see anyone else doing so

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I asked Linus to stop being a bum and come to live in the player's farm. I will never understand why he declined, though. Or, why he took offense in my suggestion. Guess we cannot reform him, after all. Too bad he is a friend of the wizard (i thought he was a serious guy, that magician, despite having relations with that godawful, fugly witch as revealed) and even worse, a mentor/role-model for poor, poor Leo.

At least he isn't a bad person. And teaches interesting in-game recipes. He should be more... Sociable? Presentable? Even Gus tried to help him but apparently, he prefers picking his food from cold, dirty garbage cans, instead of npcs' clean, warm hands.

ArtifactSpot

I asked Linus to stop being a bum and come to live in the player's farm. I will never understand why he declined, though. Or, why he took offense in my suggestion. Guess we cannot reform him, after all. Too bad he is a friend of the wizard (i thought he was a serious guy, that magician, despite having relations with that godawful, fugly witch as revealed) and even worse, a mentor/role-model for poor, poor Leo.

At least he isn't a bad person. And teaches interesting in-game recipes. He should be more... Sociable? Presentable? Even Gus tried to help him but apparently, he prefers picking his food from cold, dirty garbage cans, instead of npcs' clean, warm hands.
Linus is one of the sweetest characters in all of SDV. He’s a naturalist. He wants to live his life being one with and surviving entirely offf of nature. But nature can be hard, food is less abundant at times. That’s why he eats out of trash cans. No one in all of Stardew likes him save Penny, Emily, Leo Gus and the Wizard. He is shunned, has graffiti sprayed on his tents and rocks thrown at him. Stardew has some pretty cruel people hiding out somewhere. He’s not sociable because people ignore him flat out, say things about him, destroy his property. It’s not Linus, it’s the rest of SDV that needs a change of ways, change of heart.

ClaraCatte

Sodbuster
Linus is one of the sweetest characters in all of SDV. He’s a naturalist. He wants to live his life being one with and surviving entirely offf of nature. But nature can be hard, food is less abundant at times. That’s why he eats out of trash cans. No one in all of Stardew likes him save Penny, Emily, Leo Gus and the Wizard. He is shunned, has graffiti sprayed on his tents and rocks thrown at him. Stardew has some pretty cruel people hiding out somewhere. He’s not sociable because people ignore him flat out, say things about him, destroy his property. It’s not Linus, it’s the rest of SDV that needs a change of ways, change of heart.
Lewis, imho, is probably the cruelest, but that's a topic for another day.

I adore him and I make sure to support him and his ways. I share my foraging bounties with him too and he loves it. If I could, I'd swim with him in the river or invite him to the bath house for a dip.

Sana

Sodbuster
I think he just uses the spa to heat up and says it himself, being cooped up in a tent in all winter doesn’t sound amazing and the guy deserves some basic amenities like heat, it’s a public area too, why can’t he use it, we don’t really see anyone else doing so
I know it makes me sad! I know he's just looking in there like longing is it not a free space for the comunity? But its not just winter! I don't see him do it as often on PC but did a lot on my XBOX lol
I don't actually think he's a creep just think it's funny he's always looking through a bathhouse window :love:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I know it makes me sad! I know he's just looking in there like longing is it not a free space for the comunity? But its not just winter! I don't see him do it as often on PC but did a lot on my XBOX lol
I don't actually think he's a creep just think it's funny he's always looking through a bathhouse window :love:
I'm pretty sure he only visits the spa in winter and fall when the weather would be presumably quite cold, especially with the strong winds we see throwing around leaves in fall and the snowfall in winter

boyliker

Sodbuster

I like that he has a different way of life than most of us playing the game (obviously, since we're playing a video game), but it makes me sad that you're calling him a bum, even if you admit that he's not a bad person! He just likes living outside and chilling, appreciating nature. It's the same reason people like camping- just on a different level.

It's not that he likes picking his food from garbage cans- when he can't forage for food by himself, it's his only option, because he doesn't want to be a burden on others, since he doesn't feel very accepted because of his way of life. He's really kind and sweet if you respect him and his choices :blush: There's no need to reform him if he's happy with his way of life and not hurting anyone!

Bawby

Farmer
I never go into the spa, so I've only ever seen 2 people in there. I was looking everywhere for Alex to give him an item for a request post. Finally found him working out in the spa weight room. Oh, and Linus was there. Just outside the door.
So now that you mention it......bah, I'm sure it was nothing! It's cold outside! He's really far away (like, 50 feet) from his campsite with his tent! Built by a guy...with experience living in the tundra beyond the frozen sea......huh....