Windows My save crashes whenever i sleep.

Lonely

Greenhorn
I have an issue with saving my game, basicly i cant sleep to save my game. Whenever i try it, screen fades to black music stops and it simply closes without saving. The funny thing is that it only happends on this specific save (others work just fine) so its gotta be something about my farm or new desert festival. I already tried simple fixes like veryfing game files, lunching as administrator or even reinstaling the whole game. Nothing works i already wasted couple of skull cavern runs lol. Honestly i have no idea what to do next, i definetly have enough storage space on pc and the file worked perfecly before the desert festival. I will atach an error log down below, if anyone had the same problem and somehow fixed it please let me know. thanks :)

---------------
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location '' not found.
at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11115
at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, String targetLocationName, Point position) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10537
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupMerchantSchedule(NPC character, Int32 shop_index) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 214
at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupFestivalDay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 2334
at StardewValley.Game1.PerformPassiveFestivalSetup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4195
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9216
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.1 build 24080
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 16 Y9 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Haley'sWife

Greenhorn
I'm having the same exact problem, also the first day of the desert festival, and I've tried restarting everything and checking storage and everything else they say to try online for similar problems. I hope someone finds the solution soon:cry:

Nicole786

Newcomer
I'm also having the same problem. It keeps crashing to desktop without saving the night before the desert festival.

delray

Greenhorn
Without mods? Is this Spring, year 1? Maybe you're unlocking the festival too early? Maybe player is not supposed to attend it on year 1?

Last edited:
Without mods? Is this Spring, year 1? Maybe you're unlocking the festival too early? Maybe player is not supposed to attend it on year 1?
i'm on year 9, no mods. when the 1.6 update came out, i was in the middle of winter. last night, i reached the first day of the desert festival in spring. since then, i have played the same day four times, and every single time it has crashed. i've checked if it was a storage issue or if something was corrupted in the files—nothing. hopefully this is solved soon :,(

hixday

Greenhorn
Same exact problem here, happens on year 2 spring 15th, first time i see the desert festival and I can't progress to the next day by any mean

hixday

Greenhorn
Same exact problem here, happens on year 2 spring 15th, first time i see the desert festival and I can't progress to the next day by any mean
I forgot to attach the error log, here it is;

Message: Error on new day: --------------- System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Required location '' not found. at StardewValley.Game1.RequireLocation(String name, Boolean isStructure) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 11120 at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, String targetLocationName, Point position) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 10537 at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupMerchantSchedule(NPC character, Int32 shop_index) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 214 at StardewValley.Locations.DesertFestival.SetupFestivalDay() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DesertFestival.cs:line 2334 at StardewValley.Game1.PerformPassiveFestivalSetup() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4195 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9216 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__754_2() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8167 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread) --------------- InnerException: Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3395 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3199 at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481 at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200 Game Version: 1.6.2 build 24081 SDK Helper: SteamHelper Game Language: en GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/PCIe/SSE2 OS: Win32NT Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22631.0 In-game Date: Spring 16 Y2 Time of Day: 600 Game Location: FarmHouse

hixday

Greenhorn
**UPDATE**

Someone pointed out something weird hopefully it will work for you. for some reason the fact that my dog had the same name as an NPC it caused the game to crash, i changed it in my savefile and now i can go to the next day !

I will let you know if it start crashing again

JediGunslinger

Newcomer
ConcernedApe just released 1.6.3, which hopefully fixes any issues that we have all had with this 🙂
Still crashing for me.

Dog does not share name with NPC. Running 32bit, if that makes a difference, because I got crazy stutters on 64bit on the same hardware that used to be able to play the game flawlessly (old Dell E6430).

EDIT: Ok tried 64bit again and it works. 32bit not updated yet maybe? Also the stutters are better when running in windowed mode (but not borderless windowed, for some reason), but it's not as smooth as 32bit... Unmodded game btw.