A Question of Max Luck/Mining

mossballs

Greenhorn
Hello everyone!

(Not too sure if I should've put this thread under Game Discussion or Mods but I went with Game Discussion. Sorry if I'm wrong.)

So recently I've started a new game file and I'm playing it with the SMAPI mod system. I have the UI Info Suite and the CJB Cheats Menu. On CJB Cheats, I turned on "max daily luck." Whenever I go mining, I always run into a floor that's overrun with monsters. Every. Single. Time. It happens 1-2 times, too. I read up on mining on the Wiki but I don't really think it answered my question: "are floors that are overrun with monsters considered lucky?"
Do any of you know?

Thank you! :blush:

Floors overrun by monsters are a deterministic event, and moves upwards by one floor each day until it hits a certain point, then starts over, skipping the levels with elevator doors (every 5 levels).

Luck has no impact on them whatsoever.

Aine

Planter
Floors overrun by monsters are a deterministic event, and moves upwards by one floor each day until it hits a certain point, then starts over, skipping the levels with elevator doors (every 5 levels).

Luck has no impact on them whatsoever.
I believe this has been pached, they dont go over one floor anymore, but instead are randomized in the mines (every time you go out and in again, the mines change the floors). BUT, I do believe you are getting luck, because the number of infested floors have increased, depending on how many floors you are doing, get 1 or 2 is a really small number, also, the number/type of monster do change a lot, so maybe you are getting monster floor with less/easier monsters?

I believe this has been pached, they dont go over one floor anymore, but instead are randomized in the mines (every time you go out and in again, the mines change the floors). BUT, I do believe you are getting luck, because the number of infested floors have increased, depending on how many floors you are doing, get 1 or 2 is a really small number, also, the number/type of monster do change a lot, so maybe you are getting monster floor with less/easier monsters?
I am sorry, but you are quite incorrect about this. The wiki still shows this behavior, and this has been shown out in the few hundred odd hours I've played the game since 1.4 has released.

The only addition in 1.4 is the fix to the bug that let you get to the Skull Cave earlier by going to level 120 and using a combination of a bomb and fence to fall 'below' the floor, and the inclusion of certain randomized 'dungeon' floors in the Skull Cave where the new fire-breathing dino monsters are for collecting Dino Eggs much easier than relying on random dig spots.

Aine

Planter
It also fixed the exploit of the mushroom floor, where you could find it, and keep on farming it all day long for weeks, so I suposed the infested floor would have the same rework. Guess not.