What have I done?

ISSsloth

Farmer
I personally prefer PC gaming but I can see why someone who is used to a controller might find it annoying. I personally just stink at using most controllers.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Exactly. You get it....
Everyone thinks the other is the bad guy.
When in reality there is no bad guy, there's just different ways of living/playing. There are perks to both console and pc gaming.

The most obvious perk to console gaming is comfort, and for PC gaming it's customizability. One thing i did notice as a veteran Halo player though, is that there is a very real Aim Assist function on some console games that isn't present on PC. It's kinda a double-edged sword though, as I think that PC players could probably out-play console players if pitched head-to-head. I only bring it up as a small example of the very real differences though, and now that i've seen stardew on handheld i can see why those players would have a very tough time adjusting to, well, not-handheld platforms. No pun intended but the Android version really does hold your hand quite a bit (or maybe it was intended *shrugs*). It's something that i've always found ironically humorous that they call them "smart" phones, because the more people use them, it seems that they slowly start to get less-smart.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I personally prefer PC gaming but I can see why someone who is used to a controller might find it annoying. I personally just stink at using most controllers.
I use controller or keyboard depending on my mood, but i definitely prefer keyboard.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I’m stuck at home, reading about all the wonderful additions to SDV and wondering when mobile will get the update. But In The corner, mocking me, is my teenager’s gaming center. A pc made just for playing. A mouse with adjustable sensitivity. Heck, it even has a gaming headset. “To hell with it”, I think and download SDV to Steam. I eagerly pick the new farm layout and all the advanced options, smugly assuming I’m up for the challenge.

I am not up for the challenge.

It is, and this should have been obvious, so much harder to move on pc than mobile. I need to use both hands to do anything. I actually have to pick the tool I need instead of it automatically appearing in my hand. My middle aged mama reflexes cannot keep up. You can imagine what the mines are like. In 9 days, I’ve only made it to level 10. Green slimes and bugs killed me, y’all. GREEN SLIMES and BUGS! I am weeping.

At least I adjusted to fishing, which only needs one hand.

But the beach farm is so beautiful and peaceful. I absolutely love it. Seeing the valley on a larger screen has been a revelation. I foresee a greenhouse full of ancient fruit and star fruit and a booming wine empire. If I survive. Poor farmer Wren. I hope she makes it.
I've been playing on my PC also, and I also usually play on mobile. It has taken some time to adjust for sure, but I have gotten some of the hang of it. It's easier if you can memorize your tools by inventory slot number and + c .. for instance, fishing for me is "2,c" and hoeing is "1, hard press C"

Sythsis

Cowpoke
personally I like the switch unless THE STUPID JOYCON DRIFT HAPPENS TO EXIST IN WHICH CASE ITS IMPOSSSIBBLLLLEEEEEE

LRangerR

Local Legend
personally I like the switch unless THE STUPID JOYCON DRIFT HAPPENS TO EXIST IN WHICH CASE ITS IMPOSSSIBBLLLLEEEEEE
I have that on one of my gamepads. It'd be nice if there was a way to adjust joystick sensitivity or nullzone, especially since many stardew players play with a gamepad, even on PC.

Sythsis

Cowpoke
Honestly, I fixed my joycon drift by cleaning the sensors and boom it was fixed. Not to aweful to play with a joy stick but still a little obnoxious since you are dealing with non precision cursor so if you bumb it and you try to place a sprinkler or see ya end up putting it somewhere else lol

I am not up for the challenge.

It is, and this should have been obvious, so much harder to move on pc than mobile. I need to use both hands to do anything. I actually have to pick the tool I need instead of it automatically appearing in my hand. My middle aged mama reflexes cannot keep up. You can imagine what the mines are like. In 9 days, I’ve only made it to level 10. Green slimes and bugs killed me, y’all. GREEN SLIMES and BUGS! I am weeping.
I never usually watch streams on Twitch or whatever but I would watch this.