What’s in your fridge(s)?

NetworkerC

Sodbuster
Inspired by ‘What happened in your game today?’

Maybe you’re just starting your cooking career, and a handful of eggs are turned into small-ish energy and health boosts, maybe you’re gourmet-ing your last few recipes, and your spouse thinks ‘What the Peck?’ at some stuff that’s in the fridge, or maybe you’re packing ingredients for profitable recipes for a friend with a challenge (if you know, you know)

I tend to stash any Silver Large Milks that my cows cough up (they’re at 5 Hearts So milks are always larges) so I’ve got those going for me, until the challenge presents itself for their use.

looking at the Pancakes in the fridge, I’ve been reminded that I need to toss a potato and an egg in there, for Hashbrowns, Fried Egg, then a Complete Breakfast.

It’s probably the 91 Mussels that confuses m’beautiful and intelligent Penpen the most. They’re all better priced as Sashimi, so when the time is right, they will fetch me nearly 7k.

439 Sugar, and 200 Wheat Flour, all made in the mill. It’ll uh… Be a long time, before I have the Ginger for that Sugar, huh?

I have a second fridge, where I keep anything that takes up more than one slot. Green Beans, Tomatos, Coconuts, Cranberries, Hot Peppers, and Coffees (I currently have 1,873 Coffees)

So that’s me. Let’s pass the Bread- Erm, Buck, over to you. Whether you’re Linguini, or Remy when it comes to Cooking, enlighten me, What’s in your farmhouses’ fridges?

Sometimes I use my fridge as my skull cavern set-up, with jade and stairs, totems, bombs and empty slots to leave my farm tools or other stuff from my backpack.

I often use the fridge for gifts. I try to especially save up gifts that are loved by more than one character, for example, both Lewis and Shane love peppers. And I try to save gifts with higher quality, like iridium void eggs for Sebastian and Krobus.

My current fridge though, has no sense. It does contain berries and cooked foods, and also all my fishing stuff? Bait, lures, a few crab pots, both my old rods, and the hat I won from ice fishing. Algae and seaweed in case I build fish ponds. And gems & minerals, I don't know why I put them there.

ArtifactSpot

Sometimes I use my fridge as my skull cavern set-up, with jade and stairs, totems, bombs and empty slots to leave my farm tools or other stuff from my backpack.

I often use the fridge for gifts. I try to especially save up gifts that are loved by more than one character, for example, both Lewis and Shane love peppers. And I try to save gifts with higher quality, like iridium void eggs for Sebastian and Krobus.

My current fridge though, has no sense. It does contain berries and cooked foods, and also all my fishing stuff? Bait, lures, a few crab pots, both my old rods, and the hat I won from ice fishing. Algae and seaweed in case I build fish ponds. And gems & minerals, I don't know why I put them there.
🤣 That’s quite the assortment of “foodstuffs” there!

Lew Zealand

Helper
The Fridge is far too dangerous to leave food ingredients in thanks to accidental Cooking, the scourge of the land. That's why you store your Watering Can or Pickaxe in there. Or at least that's what I see people post about from time to time, there's got to be an advantage to it, right?

So instead I mostly store prepared food in there like it's the frozen section at a supermarket:

Algae Soup, Autumn's Bounty, Baked Fish, Bread, Carp Surprise, Chowder, Cookies, Dish O' The Sea, Fisk Stew, Fried Calamari, Ice Cream, Life Elixir, Lobster Bisque, Lucky Lunch, Magic Rock Candy, Maki Roll, Maple Bar, Miner's Treat, Omelet, Pancakes, Pepper Poppers, Roots Platter, Salmon Dinner, Spaghetti, Strange Bun, Super Meal, Vegetable Medley, Mini-Fridge*, Goat Cheez, 59xStarfroot Wine, Ginger.

I'm pretty sure everything from Autumn's Bounty to Veggie Medley are all gifts and I've just kept them. As I have a total of 5 stars left empty on all Villagers, these serve as reminders of the social Farmer I used to be. It's almost Farm Design and Qi Quest time!

* recursion is real

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

When I’m trying to achieve cooking accomplishments there is generally multiple fridges full of the basics and regular quality veggies and fish. Otherwise only Harvey’s loved gifts, Qi’s seasoning, and ingredients for foods/drinks with speed buffs, luck buffs and fishing buffs.

I have a crop fridge, a pantry fridge (with flour, sugar, oil, eggs, etc), a fruit & flowers fridge, and a forage fridge. Fish other than cheap crab pot ones are kept in a stone chest in the kitchen so I don't acidentally use a rare one or one needed for a specific dish on a birthday sashimi. Cooked dishes that are an ingredient for another dish are in the pantry fridge. Cooked dishes that aren't are either stored in a chest or sold, depending on their usefulness.