Sewing with Magic Rock Candy?

According to an old post from "bug reporting" which also refers to the same question on reddit, it looks like reward items are treated differently from made or bought items. I've tailored with gift and reward items but I do play on mobile, and it seems to be a problem on pc. One way around it might be to stack your candy with another that you made or bought. https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-unable-to-tailor-with-magic-rock-candy.7755/

Lew Zealand

Helper
The wiki is listing a Magic Sprinkle Shirt, sewn with Magic Rock Candy. But as I wanted to make it, the MRC was greyed out, I couldn't put it onto the spool.
Anyone know why?
Thank you thank you thank you for reminding me of this as I just couldn't recall how to Tailor the other Magic item and now all I need to do is wait until Thursday! I will use up all 3 Prismatic Shards I own with a giant smile on my face.

One can always get more Shards.

One cannot possibly describe the perfection of the Magic Sparkle shirt. One must wear it.

imnvs

Local Legend
I see, thanks for the clarification!
So I will have to wait for the luck of a Haunted Skull dropping it. My Prismatic Shards are too precious to me to spend a whole three of them at the trader.
Also, if you stack a reward magic rock candy with another magic rock candy that was not a reward, both will not be considered rewards any longer and both could be used for tailoring.

If you decide not to make the sprinkle shirt, there are 2 similar easy options. The polka dot shirt is the nonprismatic version, can be made with any roe or a void mayo, will come out with different color dots depending what you use. The dots are dyable. And I really like the omni shirt, made with an omni geode, very similar but with multicolored dots.

Lew Zealand

Helper
If you decide not to make the sprinkle shirt, there are 2 similar easy options. The polka dot shirt is the nonprismatic version, can be made with any roe or a void mayo, will come out with different color dots depending what you use. The dots are dyable. And I really like the omni shirt, made with an omni geode, very similar but with multicolored dots.
The Omni shirt is a longtime favorite of mine and I have one in pretty much every save. I haven't actually made the Roe/Void shirt yet (!) but I should experiment with it as the sparkles are dyeable!

Lew Zealand said:
One can always get more Shards.
Ahem ... one per year? ... And I will need them for the kids ... 😈
BUT I REALLY AND TRULY GOT A PS FROM MY RAINBOW TROUTS YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! After five years of this pond's existence!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

LRangerR said:
But.....sprinkle
LOL

PoppyForPenny said:
you decide not to make the sprinkle shirt, there are 2 similar easy options.
Yes, I know. How do I know? I know it because I already own ALL obtainable shirts in the Stardew Universe. 😁 Except of this darned Sprinkle.
Thank you anyway! 🙂

Oh no, I see I misphrased - should have said: I already own all tailorable shirts. And you're right: There are still shirts to obtain! Will notoriously haunt Sandy from now on. Haha!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh no, I see I misphrased - should have said: I already own all tailorable shirts. And you're right: There are still shirts to obtain! Will notoriously haunt Sandy from now on. Haha!
Enjoy the chase! Nowadays mornings are:

Machines
Check Crops
Greenhouse
Aminiminaminals
Sandy (Obelisk and Return Sceptre)

Then start day! Usually: prop Fishing Pole up with knees under shady tree and on good days, remember to actually cast. Though that risks the Fish waking you up if they bite. Meh, just swallow your pride and let the town just see you being a lazybones with no line in the water.

You'll get more sleep.

😅
I wish I was able to be a lazybones. I fear I have a pronounced OCD when it comes to performance ...

Minor tweak - from now on mornings are:
Animalsanimals
Fish Ponds
Greenhouse
Machines
Wine Cellar
Sandy (Mini Obelisk > Desert Obelisk > Return Scepter)
The crops are the responsibility of the Junimos. After all I pay them properly.

And, yes, I'm surely getting too little sleep. Although ... now that I have a spouse who fills the cat's water bowl most of the days, I could afford one or two weeks off on the Island ... Good idea, thanks!

What's a "Return Scepter"
The golden handle quivers with raw potential. Hold this scepter to the sky and return home at will.
Thus Spoke ConcernedApe.
My absolute favourite in the game. The sceptre. Not CA. Okay - him too.

Watering dish? Pfft, my cat just drinks out of one of the many ponds that are on the farm.
And eats your fish on occasion? Mine is well behaved, it doesn't go down there. Or much too lazy. More like that.