SDV Various, random, odd Screenshots- possible spoilers.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Well I started playing 2 years behinds as well which I am fine with missing the cacophony of the other team Abbiers. I noticed that even in articles about the NPCs they would list she plays video games, give bombs and that's why she was the best. Not necessarily why I am on team Abby. Have you seen Maru without her glasses yet?
Yes I have and the funny bit is in that situation her sprite is wearing sunglasses. Yet her regular sprite doesn't wear glasses while that portrait does. This has to be intentional and is totally the way I'd like to do it as it's just all wrong, but the wrongness balances out to be...

even wronger. Ah, such perfection.

Actually IMO Maru's portrait hair is pretty meh and her nurse hat is pretty bleah. Which is especially egregious as this town is clearly known for it's hairstyles and Maru totally got the runt hair. But this is totally understandable as glasses does win out over (almost) everything so you gotta cut down Maru to at least be in the general league of the rest of the Valley.

Sigh, but Harvey's mustache. Even glasses have their kryptonite.

In conclusion:

POWER, from Hi to Lo

Mustache > Glasses >> nurse hat > bad hair

FairyRing

Farmer
But this is totally understandable as glasses does win out over everything so you gotta cut down Maru to at least be in the general league of the rest of the Valley.
Yes this makes sense, It's absolutely why.
Sigh, but Harvey's mustache. Even glasses have their kryptonite.
haha I don't have opinions on Harvey's stache but yours makes me laugh. also I've got an art idea from this...

Lew Zealand

Helper
A lot of weird visuals come to mind:petrified::laugh:
Like this?

I will not remove my Hat of Superior Forest Power! My very health depends on its protective properties from the baneful sun, along with eating one of those pesky mute forest fruit beings every day to keep Dr. Mustache away! His uncolored and feeble facial hair is an affront to all furry-faces in town. Wha— Oh, Lewis? Well, he's OK as his 'stache used to be a respectful mauve before he went all gray. Also, tax breaks...

Hey. Hey!! Stop egging 'em on little Miss Bilingual! You keep those accursed Junimos away from me, they're just looking for revenge! Noooooo! Not my hat, anything but the hat! OK, OK, the hat's yours, just keep 'em away from the goatee...

HatlessWizard.png

Who knew he was balding??

FairyRing

Farmer
Like this?

I will not remove my Hat of Superior Forest Power! My very health depends on its protective properties from the baneful sun, along with eating one of those pesky mute forest fruit beings every day to keep Dr. Mustache away! His uncolored and feeble facial hair is an affront to all furry-faces in town. Wha— Oh, Lewis? Well, he's OK as his 'stache used to be a respectful mauve before he went all gray. Also, tax breaks...

Hey. Hey!! Stop egging 'em on little Miss Bilingual! You keep those accursed Junimos away from me, they're just looking for revenge! Noooooo! Not my hat, anything but the hat! OK, OK, the hat's yours, just keep 'em away from the goatee...

View attachment 9315

Who knew he was balding??
🤣🤣🤣 mmmmm kinda looks like a chocolate cake.

Lew Zealand

Helper
You know who else has this issue?

This guy. Tiny little crown on that head.
View attachment 9313
"Ssup, bro?"
BaldQi.png
"Hat Mouse dropped by to collect his IOU and apparently mice with speech impediments don't take worthless Qi Coins or Gems. Had to barter my sombrero."

"It doesn't suit you, I got the looks in the family. You look like Uncle Ned."

BaldQi.png
"Shut up, I look like Mom. You're all swarthy, hirsute, and ugly like Dad!"

BaldQi.png
"Wanna listen to some Devo?"

FairyRing

Farmer
"Ssup, bro?"
View attachment 9316 "Hat Mouse dropped by to collect his IOU and apparently mice with speech impediments don't take worthless Qi Coins or Gems. Had to barter my sombrero."

"It doesn't suit you, I got the looks in the family. You look like Uncle Ned."

BaldQi.png
"Shut up, I look like Mom. You're all swarthy, hirsute, and ugly like Dad!"

BaldQi.png
"Wanna listen to some Devo?"
😂🤣😂Mmmm cake. 😂😂 maybe they are Devo???

FairyRing

Farmer
Something to ponder where the Lava monkeys soak.
This as you may recognize is at the top of the volcano. I am sure I could search on the googs what it could be. But what do we think it means?
2022013120305900_s.jpg

2022013120305900_s.jpg

sign of Yoba in the stars, spirals, a planet with a painters palette (spaceship mayhaps, crossants possibly), what looks like the Dwarves story- a subterranean cavern in the mountain. Is that the Dwarvish written language?

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Someone posted a question about this not all that long ago and apparently it's been translated. Naturally I do not recall a word of it. I didn't know this at the time and posted a predictably nonsensical translation but I fail to recall what or where that was. Hmmm, I sense a theme. As I'm late for my daily walk, I'll try to dig that up afterwards...

Lew Zealand

Helper
Those are some happy happy monkeys lounging in apparently quite temperate fractal swirly Orange Kool-Aid. And if that's your first time, congrats on making it to the top for a visit to other members of the family tree! I only got there for the first time recently myself!

FairyRing

Farmer
Those are some happy happy monkeys lounging in apparently quite temperate fractal swirly Orange Kool-Aid. And if that's your first time, congrats on making it to the top for a visit to other members of the family tree! I only got there for the first time recently myself!
No congrats necessary I've been visiting the monkeys for a bit now. I've been building trust with them to see if they have any insight into the d#mn gem bird quest I haven't solved! No I'll get it. I hate that I know I should know.... *she says with a crazed look in her eyes*

Lew Zealand

Helper
No congrats necessary I've been visiting the monkeys for a bit now. I've been building trust with them to see if they have any insight into the d#mn gem bird quest I haven't solved! No I'll get it. I hate that I know I should know.... *she says with a crazed look in her eyes*
[no spoilers] Well all I'll say about that is many/most of the things needed to do on Ginger Island did not make any sense to me and I needed to hit the wiki. I don't know why but just the nature of most of the puzzles and the way you were supposed to find them out just didn't work. I needed the wiki just to be reasonably content with Ginger Island.

I didn't want to be annoyed with Stardew Valley as that's just wrong, so I followed the wiki at least for the hints, but not the outright answers if I could avoid it. I hope your tolerance for that is more than mine but if not, there's no shame in the wiki if it makes you happier with the game.

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
[no spoilers] Well all I'll say about that is many/most of the things needed to do on Ginger Island did not make any sense to me and I needed to hit the wiki. I don't know why but just the nature of most of the puzzles and the way you were supposed to fund them out just didn't work. I needed the wiki just to be reasonably content with Ginger Island.

I didn't want to be annoyed with Stardew Valley as that's just wrong, so I followed the wiki at least for the hints, but not the outright answers if I could avoid it. I hope your tolerance for that is more than mine but if not, there's no shame in the wiki if it makes you happier with the game.
I'm stubborn to figure things like this out on my own. So I guess the slight frustration is fun? I get there eventually and if my path ends at the wiki so be it. I did find a way to cheat figure out the crystal cave without the wiki.