Making money endgame

Pinguin0s_737

Newcomer
Hi everybody. I am almost achieving completition, and when I do, my next goal will be to earn money as fast and as efficiently as possible. Currently, my greenhouse is filled w/ Ancient fruit and my ginger island farm is filled with 192 pineapple crops, and I turn it all into wine weekly, which is worth about 500k; I make aprox. 100k with honey; I have pigs whose truffels give me 20k daily; have some mango and banana trees ; and my whole quarry is filled with cristalariums producing diamonds. I don't know how much all of these is worth exaclty but I´d say 2mi per season. Anyway, if you guys have some tips on making more money, you're more than welcome to share it with me :)

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, you could start replacing pineapple with ancient fruit out on the island. They take longer to mature, but they produce just as often. I use garden pots to grow pineapple in between my fruit trees in the greenhouse. You don't need more pineapple when you have ancient fruit.

As many ancient fruit as you can possibly plant and as many kegs as you can make to process them into wine. That's what I do and I make approximately 2.8 million a week, so the numbers speak for themselves. There are other methods, but this is by and large the best method to make a lot of money as quickly and efficiently as possible.

FWIW Starfruit is probably better than either Ancient Fruit or Pineapples on the Ginger Island farm for you right now, both because it won't require substantial startup costs and because Starfruit is more profitable in kegs than Ancient Fruit. That being said Ancient Fruit is easier because you don't have to deal with replanting, which both lets you avoid maintaining an inventory of seeds as well as having less work to do every week. Across 500 crops and kegs (which is what I have from Ginger Island) it's an extra 100k per week doing Starfruit instead of Ancient Fruit, after accounting for seed costs.

At 2 mil+ though, an extra 100k per week is not significant, and I'm actually considering switching over to Ancient Fruit myself just to have the harvest day line up consistently and to avoid the panic associated with the (admittedly rare) days the harvest lines up with keg processing, or the times I can't find my stash of Starfruit seeds and end up buying another 1k from the Desert only to find my existing supply later, leaving me down half a mil for no reason but my own stupidity.

Both work, I'm really just saying if I were you I wouldn't have my kegs run dry for 2-3 weeks as you burn ancient fruit to turn into seeds in a hurry. Starfruit is a perfectly fine solution until and unless you've got the Ancient Fruit to spare. For me, I ended up with more harvest than I could process in the kegs, so I ended up with a spare 1k Ancient Fruit or so, and as such I've got the seeds if I want them.

The biggest true limiting factor will of course be keg production. If you don't already have 30+ trees tapped for oak resin I'd get started on that. Wood, Copper, and Iron can all be bought (though I harvest Iron and Coal from level 40-45 in the mine and don't buy them, and only buy Copper and Wood if my needs exceed what I can naturally find and harvest, which they frequently do). Oak Resin can't. If you already have 500+ kegs feel free to disregard, otherwise yeah, the defacto money making strategy is more kegs making more wine.

I would also recommend switching your Diamonds over to Jade. For days you're not harvesting or kegging, doing some Deep Skull Cavern runs (staircase down to 200 and start from there) can return a fair amount of profit, with bombs used and so forth it's not uncommon for me to take home 500+ iridium ore when I do that. It's not going to earn you millions or anything, but even if you end up selling it Jade is only 30G/day less profitable than diamonds, and it's more flexible.

Anyway I hope that helps, sorry I don't have any crazy insights, you're not missing any obvious massive profit sources. Wine is the only thing in the game which scales into the millions per week range.

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
For selling iridium ore, make sure you have the Blacksmith mining profession as it will increase the iridium bar sell price from 1000 to 1500. (And if you happen to pick up the Skull Caverns Invasion quest, any radioactive bars you manage to make will sell for 4500 with Blacksmith instead of 3000). Granted you probably have to subtract the price of buying coal from Clint, but it's still a nice money source (and it's not like Prospector gives you enough coal either, if you're getting hundreds of iridium ore per run).

FWIW Starfruit is probably better than either Ancient Fruit or Pineapples on the Ginger Island farm for you right now, both because it won't require substantial startup costs and because Starfruit is more profitable in kegs than Ancient Fruit. That being said Ancient Fruit is easier because you don't have to deal with replanting, which both lets you avoid maintaining an inventory of seeds as well as having less work to do every week. Across 500 crops and kegs (which is what I have from Ginger Island) it's an extra 100k per week doing Starfruit instead of Ancient Fruit, after accounting for seed costs.
I'm curious how you're calculating that, the last time I did the math I figured starfruit was only better if you're using a) deluxe speed-gro + the agriculturalist perk or b) hyper speed-gro. Anyways, yeah, ancient fruit is definitely more convenient.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Regarding Skull Cavern, on my PB (shared here) I would have made 230k from Iridium alone (including Coal cost from Clint). All the other stuff I pick up I consider the "funding" for my runs, to cover the Bombs and Staircases.

Obviously not every run will necessarily be this amazing, but I think it's reasonable to expect 150k-200k if you take the time to get good at it. Maybe my guide will help!

Aside from that, if you're really committed, you could try this Greenhouse layout. I second swapping out your Pineapple out for Ancient Fruit; you can also grow Pineapple/Starfruit and place Kegs outside of your farm (here's an example). Just make sure that NPCs don't destroy any.

Have fun!

For selling iridium ore, make sure you have the Blacksmith mining profession as it will increase the iridium bar sell price from 1000 to 1500. (And if you happen to pick up the Skull Caverns Invasion quest, any radioactive bars you manage to make will sell for 4500 with Blacksmith instead of 3000). Granted you probably have to subtract the price of buying coal from Clint, but it's still a nice money source (and it's not like Prospector gives you enough coal either, if you're getting hundreds of iridium ore per run).

I'm curious how you're calculating that, the last time I did the math I figured starfruit was only better if you're using a) deluxe speed-gro + the agriculturalist perk or b) hyper speed-gro. Anyways, yeah, ancient fruit is definitely more convenient.
The calculations depend on whether you're keg constrained or ingredient constrained (whether you have more ingredients than you can process or more kegs than you can fill). For me, I'm keg constrained. So the calculation is simple - I'm getting 500 kegs of output either way, each of which can either be outputting Starfruit Wine once a week for 3150 each (3150*500 = 1,575,000, minus the 500 replacement starfruit seeds at 400 each (200,000 total) leaves 1,375,000 in profit) or they can be outputting Ancient Fruit Wine once a week for 2310 each (2310*500 = 1,155,000). The rate of production of the crops doesn't matter since I can't process them all and I'm better off building more kegs than selling them raw. Each keg outputting Starfruit, after accounting for Seed expenses, provides about 400 more per week in profit if keg constrained. I actually have a bit over 600 kegs I guess since I just got over 2 mil on my last selling date, so all told for me, it's actually 240k+ per week not 100k I suppose, but either way, Starfruit wins out.

For those who are crop constrained, and have more kegs than things to do with them, it's a different calculation. Then grow times and relative outputs matter, but even then it's close. With just DSG not HSG, it's 3 crop harvests per month, at 8250 total profits per tile (after accounting for seed costs). Ancient Fruit then providing 4 harvests per month leads to 9240 total profits per tile, or an extra 250ish per week per tile. Just looking at output from the fields, if you're ingredient constrained, Ancient Fruit does indeed win out. Across 500 per week that's 123,750 extra profits via Ancient Fruit.

However, at that point if you're space constrained for feeder ingredients, I would also look at the opportunity costs of the extra kegs for processing. 500 kegs for Ancient Fruit vs 375 for Starfruit to process the same plot of 500 feeder ingredients, means that growers of Starfruit can have other things in those slots. 125 Crystalariums producing say Jade at 120G/day each would give 105,000 reducing the difference per week to under 20,000 between them. That's assuming no HSG or Agriculturalist swaps (as you indicated indeed that swings it over to Starfruit), and far more importantly assuming you're ingredient constrained. Personally I was already not, and that's before considering the Ancient Fruit in the Greenhouse or the crop of 500 Ancient Fruit coming in a week from now in late Spring on the main farm. Even if I build another 300 Kegs I won't get to that point, and I figured it was safe to assume the same is true of the OP given what they indicated. So the first calculations (per keg not per ingredient) are the relevant ones. Folks like WhiteEagle12 with 1200 kegs or whatever it is are after all the exception not the rule ;-)

Folks like WhiteEagle12 with 1200 kegs or whatever it is are after all the exception not the rule ;-)
100 less than that, but fair enough ; )

P.S I really enjoy reading all of your min\max calculations and experiments. They certainly are not my strong suit, and I definitely don't have the time for them anyway. (High school and all) But I digress, to put it simply, I appreciate what you do and look forward to reading your future posts!

Elenna101

Farmer
The calculations depend on whether you're keg constrained or ingredient constrained (whether you have more ingredients than you can process or more kegs than you can fill). For me, I'm keg constrained. So the calculation is simple - I'm getting 500 kegs of output either way, each of which can either be outputting Starfruit Wine once a week for 3150 each (3150*500 = 1,575,000, minus the 500 replacement starfruit seeds at 400 each (200,000 total) leaves 1,375,000 in profit) or they can be outputting Ancient Fruit Wine once a week for 2310 each (2310*500 = 1,155,000). The rate of production of the crops doesn't matter since I can't process them all and I'm better off building more kegs than selling them raw. Each keg outputting Starfruit, after accounting for Seed expenses, provides about 400 more per week in profit if keg constrained. I actually have a bit over 600 kegs I guess since I just got over 2 mil on my last selling date, so all told for me, it's actually 240k+ per week not 100k I suppose, but either way, Starfruit wins out.

For those who are crop constrained, and have more kegs than things to do with them, it's a different calculation. Then grow times and relative outputs matter, but even then it's close. With just DSG not HSG, it's 3 crop harvests per month, at 8250 total profits per tile (after accounting for seed costs). Ancient Fruit then providing 4 harvests per month leads to 9240 total profits per tile, or an extra 250ish per week per tile. Just looking at output from the fields, if you're ingredient constrained, Ancient Fruit does indeed win out. Across 500 per week that's 123,750 extra profits via Ancient Fruit.

However, at that point if you're space constrained for feeder ingredients, I would also look at the opportunity costs of the extra kegs for processing. 500 kegs for Ancient Fruit vs 375 for Starfruit to process the same plot of 500 feeder ingredients, means that growers of Starfruit can have other things in those slots. 125 Crystalariums producing say Jade at 120G/day each would give 105,000 reducing the difference per week to under 20,000 between them. That's assuming no HSG or Agriculturalist swaps (as you indicated indeed that swings it over to Starfruit), and far more importantly assuming you're ingredient constrained. Personally I was already not, and that's before considering the Ancient Fruit in the Greenhouse or the crop of 500 Ancient Fruit coming in a week from now in late Spring on the main farm. Even if I build another 300 Kegs I won't get to that point, and I figured it was safe to assume the same is true of the OP given what they indicated. So the first calculations (per keg not per ingredient) are the relevant ones. Folks like WhiteEagle12 with 1200 kegs or whatever it is are after all the exception not the rule ;-)
Yeah, that's fair, I usually don't plant as much so I'm usually constrained by crops and not kegs. But you have a point about putting other stuff in that space.

adamyakanawa

Greenhorn
Congrats on reaching completion, that's awesome! It sounds like you've got quite the operation going on with your greenhouse, farm, pigs, and quarry. Making 2 million per season is pretty impressive if you ask me. As for tips on making more money, have you considered playing games for real money? I know it might sound a bit strange, but hear me out. There are actually a ton of online games where you can win real money, and it's a fun way to make some extra cash on the side. Speaking of games for real money, I actually have a funny story about how I got into them. It all started one lazy Sunday afternoon when I was browsing the internet, looking for ways to make some extra cash. That's when I stumbled upon the blog I mentioned earlier, and I decided to give one of the games a try. Long story short, I ended up winning $50 on my first try, and I've been playing ever since. It's not a ton of money, but it's definitely a nice little bonus.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hi everybody. I am almost achieving completition, and when I do, my next goal will be to earn money as fast and as efficiently as possible. Currently, my greenhouse is filled w/ Ancient fruit and my ginger island farm is filled with 192 pineapple crops, and I turn it all into wine weekly, which is worth about 500k; I make aprox. 100k with honey; I have pigs whose truffels give me 20k daily; have some mango and banana trees ; and my whole quarry is filled with cristalariums producing diamonds. I don't know how much all of these is worth exaclty but I´d say 2mi per season. Anyway, if you guys have some tips on making more money, you're more than welcome to share it with me :)
I have a whole post on the most optimized way to make money for in game and irl time that isn’t too exploitative of some features or requires absurd setup times (in the tens of thousands of hours)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

You are right about the starfruit only being better in 3 scenarios. Coal is easy enough to grind out if you try, you can definitely get hundreds and hundreds a day for (monetarily)free.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Wait, what? I don't think I've ever hit triple digits hunting dust sprites, and that's my most reliable source of coal. What am I missing?
Idk I floor reset the 3 main sprite floors and journal buffer with a burglar ring and get like 400+ coal a day.

I don’t think I’ve ever done it but I’ve gotten close to completing the full dust sprite monster slayer goal in a day

Ilune

Planter
My most profitable farm:
Greenhouse and ginger island full of ancient fruits, farm full of sheds with kegs and pots with pineapples. You need to work hard for all the wood, iron, copper, and clay, but stones can be obtained with jade->stairs->stone, and for the oak resin, you just need lot of planification and trees.

In another farm, I have TONS of cristallariums with diamonds. I keep a shed of cristallariums with jade to run the Skull Cavern for iridium, and I buy treasure hunter tackles to deconstruct in gold bars, to make other cristallariums.