Windows [HELP] 32-bit Compatability mode for people who bought the disc?

Elliander

Tiller
Hi, I purchased the physical version of Stardew Valley for both the Nintendo Switch (as a cart) and for PC (As a CD) from Fangamer. As I recall, after I purchased the game it was a real pain to try and get updates for it because the guides all focused on GOG or Steam:

Back then the solution was to install on a machine with steam and then copy the updated files from the steam install to the PC I wanted to play on without steam, but I'm having a similar problem once again. See, I want to install and run on a Windows XP machine, which is strictly 32-bit, but that no longer works. Per this page:

There are instructions for Steam and GOG, but people who purchased the physical version are similarly excluded. In this case it's a bit more complicated because the computer that has steam on it is 64-bit and I really don't want to expose the 32-bit system to the internet for security reasons.

So how exactly am I supposed to switch to 32-bit mode if I purchased the physical version? It's not like the physical version is discontinued or anything. It's still sold here:

I don't suppose there will ever be a simple updater that will work regardless of the version we buy which would let us at that point select the compatibility mode?

Elliander

Tiller
I'd still like help with this. In my case I cannot update at all through steam because I am impacted by the infamous "Valve Harware Survey Crash" in which logging in causes a survey to come up which crashes steam. Since I cannot login with the steam client I cannot download files from the client anymore. Furthermore, Steam has ceased support for 32-bit OSes and for older operating systems in general so my plan on getting the game to run on a 32-bit computer is basically not even possible with steam even if I could login it seems.