EXP from mobs on the farm

Wildebeest

Tiller
At the moment playing a "farm only" run is very limited.

Enabling EXP on the farm for combat will help a lot. It will let the player build up to eventually unlock iridium bars from mobs that first spawn in the higher levels. (Brutes and Ir-bats)

Additionally it would be great to see Skeletons and Haunted Skulls being unlocked to enable the player to get sword upgrades without leaving the farm.

Wildebeest

Tiller
I believe it's counter-intuitive that it does NOT give exp. Every action on the farm gives EXP in it's category but combat.

Players are reporting confusion about the subject: playing several hours before they have to come to the conclusion on their own.

It's not written anywhere that this is intended.

Wildebeest

Tiller
I'm not sure if it is a bug or if it is intentional. According to the wiki the monsters should yield EXP, but as I've already stated: they do not.

This is also true for any of the maps - which you can run monsters on through advanced options, and/or strange bun.

I am playing on xbone. I didn't seem to have an issue. Was playing wilderness didn't travel any where and went 9-10 after those dang evil looking bats started attacking. I don't have a way to see on console but there are some mods I have been told that show what your given xp amount is. I wonder if they are grading on a scale and 0 level enemies are given 0 points. You might wanna post a bug report because the wilderness farms main point is for combat and I would assume xp

Wildebeest

Tiller
If EXP is available on the farm on xbox, then there shouldn't be a problem to add it to PC as well.

Here is to being hopeful! :beer:

Wildebeest

Tiller
I'm just bumping this post. I still hope that this gets added, because it would make Ironman-playthroughs a lot more viable.

I'd like to add that your combat-lvl defines what monsters arrive on the farm meaning with no exp you will never get access to higher level drops.

I agree that it seems inconsistent to not award combat xp on the wilderness farm.

There was a long discussion about it in the bug reporting section https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-wilderness-farm-no-exp-for-combat-on-farm.4435/

The wiki says on the Farm Maps page that the wilderness farm encourages combat but does not reward combat xp. However! It also says on the Wilderness Golem page 5xp. But the wilderness golem only appears on the wilderness farm?