PC [Bug] Wilderness Farm No EXP for Combat on farm

I noticed I do not gain EXP when killing monsters on my Wilderness farm.
I had spawn monsters turned on too when I first created my save.
Playing on PC version 1.5.2 (only noticed now since I generally just ran from monsters when I started in 1.5)
Single player (have not played a multiplayer wilderness farm yet)
Game language: English

kalil

Newcomer
I can confirm this bug on version 1.5.4. Running fully unmodded. I noticed the problem after killing farm monsters for the first 14 days of spring and not receiving a single combat level. I went into my save file with notepad++ and confirmed that my combat XP was still at 0 (although foraging was gaining XP as normal). I did some more testing and confirmed the bug on both the Wilderness Farm and on the Riverlands Farm with the 'Monster Spawn' advanced option enabled.

Discord user ShinyPorgon hypothesized that there might be a quest trigger or requirement and did some further testing to disprove that hypothesis as well: "I've done some testing, and it honestly may be bugged, I tried killing monsters on farm day one with random tools, doesn't work, got rusty sword, doesn't work, changed the date to day 5, went to mines got cutscene, still no xp, went down to level 5 in the mines, still no xp. got level 1 combat, still don't give xp. So either it's trigged by not one of these things or they are bugged and don't give xp "

So looks like its been confirmed by three different players. It's a minor issue, but a real one.

Quirinea

Farmer
As far as I know that is intentional. No exp from farm monsters. I don't remember what was the explanation. The monsters scale to your battle level, though.

Wildebeest

Tiller
It's a weird thing though.

Every EXP-action on the farm gives EXP but combat. Wiki also states that the Wilderness Golem yield EXP. Surely the wiki is factual?

This also applies to Wilderness Farm on Android, verified by using the Stardew Checkup. Other skills are progressing normally while isolated on my farm, but combat remains exactly the same after killing hundreds of monsters on it.

Wiki needs to be fixed even if this bug never is. Wasted months (including a very intensive first month) setting up to play on an isolated farm.

clarkefoster

Newcomer
I really don't think this is a bug. I've done 3 playthroughs where I don't leave the farm, the first in fall 2021 and am currently playing one. I've used Hilltop and Four Corners with monsters turned on and have gained no Combat XP and no progress towards Monster Eradication Goals. Mouseypound's Stardew Checkup indicates no progress towards any of these things. It's been 3 years, I doubt it's a bug.

As someone who really enjoys isolated farm playthroughs I think its actually a good thing that no XP is given, as without a better weapon than a scythe higher level monsters would become difficult to manage. I used to have hope I could get Red Cabbage Seeds on the farm, but I don't think so.