Changing farm layout Nintendo doc

Happysun

Newcomer
So I currently have 265 hours and am half way through year four , but I have chosen the river farm thinking I would be able to make money faster. However I have come to realize as I get further In the game I need way more space for my animals, sheds ect.. is there anyway to change my farm layout , I am using a switch/doc and I’m not trying to restart, if that’s what I have to do I’m probably going to quit the game all together . I have played this on different occasions but have never gotten this far, if anyone could help I would appreciate !

imnvs

Local Legend
You need to be able to access and edit the savefile... and on Switch you don't have that access. I'm sorry.

What I would suggest, though? This is only 1 farm. Now that you've gotten so far, you know so much more... you could start a new farm on a map with more space (pretty much all of them, but of special note are the 4-corners, standard and beach layouts) and do it all again but better.

I agree with the replies, to change farm maps, save file access is required. Save file access can be done on the PC/Mac and mobile versions of the game, but unfortunately not on console. I've replayed the game several times (on a couple of layouts) and am planning to work my way through all the farm maps. There's no need to quit the game since it is possible to add another (or many) and that allows you to continue the old one at a later date too (as time goes on, many play different styles of play throughs anyway, and don't always need lots of space, it just depends on the unique goals during any given play through).

Hill Myna

Farmer
I picked the Riverlands Farm first time around as well. It turned out that I loved fishing, so it was lots of fun…initially. But just like you, I felt I was running out of space. And so, partly because of space issues, in the Summer of Year 2, I started a new Standard Farm.

But now, with more experience, I’ve realised that none of the farms have too little space. Sure, the Riverlands Farm is a little more cramped than some other maps, but if you need more space, just move things off the farm and into other parts of Stardew Valley. For example:

Crops. One of the main reasons I restarted was that I couldn't plant a serious amount of crops and still have space for Fish Ponds, decoration and other things. Luckily 1.5 fixed this problem. The amount that you can fit on your Ginger Island Farm is plenty big enough for most situations, especially when combined with your Greenhouse.
Processors. The Desert is a great place to put your processors. Just make sure that they are all in safe locations so that they don't get destroyed by Sandy and Emily on Fall 15. This might help.
Tapped trees. If you clear out the Quarry you can plant trees to tap over there. Just put flooring everywhere so that rocks don't spawn and get in your way.

And if your animals are taking up too much space, know that they’re still very profitable even if you just feed them Hay.

This leaves you with a pretty much clean-sheet farm to design just the way you want. Now you can add in your favourite bits, and go from there! The Stardew Valley Planner is a huge help in this process, as is the Valley Showcase section of these forums.

And if don't want to go through all that effort, I'll say this: Stardew only gets better the second time.

Alternatively, you could take a break and play some other games, because they're fun as well!

GDawney

Sodbuster
Tapped trees. If you clear out the Quarry you can plant trees to tap over there. Just put flooring everywhere so that rocks don't spawn and get in your way.
OMG! What a great suggestion!! I tried using the Quarry as a tree farm and the spawning rocks made it impossible!

And if your animals are taking up too much space, know that they’re still very profitable even if you just feed them Hay.
What else do you feed your animals, besides hay? [Quizzical Look]