Catching The Legend as your first fish

Well, I have an unfortunate update for you guys. @BlaDe was correct in his fears of the crab pots screwing up the tutorial. Harvesting a crab pot counts as catching your first fish. My new plan is to create a save on the beach farm and wait for seaweed to spawn for fish ponds since that seems like that might be my only option at this point. Anyways, I will continue updating you guys as this idea continues to prove itself more difficult than anticipated.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Well, I have an unfortunate update for you guys. @BlaDe was correct in his fears of the crab pots screwing up the tutorial. Harvesting a crab pot counts as catching your first fish. My new plan is to create a save on the beach farm and wait for seaweed to spawn for fish ponds since that seems like that might be my only option at this point. Anyways, I will continue updating you guys as this idea continues to prove itself more difficult than anticipated.
All together now, class:
And that will make it all the more satisfying when you do accomplish it.

I can't tell you how much I hated it when people would say that. Doesn't really matter if it's true or not, it's still annoying.

And I must only use my powers to annoy.

Boy, it would take a long time to get your fishing up that way, especially if @BlaDe is correct and collecting fish roe will also count as your first catch. How much experience does gathering trash give you again? I’m really curious how this goes though. Good Luck!
I really hope fish roe don't count towards the tutorial fish. I don't actually remember how much experience gathering trash gives you. I would have to check. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm definitely going to need them.

BlaDe

Farmer
You can go joja route, get to ginger island, unlock the challenge mines, and harvest seaweed from there.

You can also use mussel fish ponds (once you have one) to harvest seaweed.

I never said that. Harvesting fish ponds should be fine.
Phew, if that is the case then it should be ok.
You can go joja route, get to ginger island, unlock the challenge mines, and harvest seaweed from there.
I might actually consider this because I have already gotten so far in my first one and I have a ton of money. So, thank you for the suggestion. You've been super helpful.

A year later, and after a few eventful months, I returned to this idea. I just read through the whole thread again because I forgot most of what I was doing and how to do it, so let me tell you, it was an emotional rollercoaster. (I thought for the second time I wouldn't be able to do it) I will continue to give updates, but it WILL be slow. I don't currently have much time to play, and this idea would take forever even if I could do it all day, every day. I just hope I don't run into any more unexpected roadblocks on my slow path to success.

Update: I'm apparently much farther along than I remember being. It turns out that I stuck with my original riverland farm and followed BlaDe's suggestion of going Joja, getting onto Ginger Island, and unlocking the challenge mines. So far, from looking at the progress I made, it seems that I've gotten as far as GI with a few golden walnuts. So, all I have to do now is get a hundred golden walnuts, get the quest for the challenge mines, forage up 5 seaweed, make a fish pond, and wait until I have a high enough fishing level to catch The Legend. So, if I had to guess how far I am in... probably about halfway. Better than I thought, but it will probably still take me a hot minute. When I finish though, I will post a video of catching it. So, something to look forward too, I suppose.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’d absolutely love to see it tbh, I’ve always wanted to do this since first reading this thread but just never got around to it because of being too busy with coursework even throughout the summer. Good luck progressing.

I’d absolutely love to see it tbh, I’ve always wanted to do this since first reading this thread but just never got around to it because of being too busy with coursework even throughout the summer. Good luck progressing.
I feel your pain. School work is why I haven't finished it thus far. I was able to get in some good progress yesterday, (30ish golden walnuts) so I might have it done within the month, but who knows.

Last edited: