BFAV 1.6 Conversions

meggiee

Planter
Could you give me the link to the github guide? Because until now I've just worked with Notepad++, and haven't had to turn to phyton for BFAV mods, so I can try to get a sense of the problem!

meggiee

Planter
This is all I've gotten from a few pages back - hopefully it helps!

GitHub Guide
Ohh, you're talking about the converter!
Ok, it took me a while to understand those instructions, because I kept trying to input all commands in python, while you have to use the command prompt of your pc (cmd).
You just have to make sure you installed both git and python, then open cmd and follow from point 2, so input:
- git clone https://github.com/anotherpillow/BFAV2CP.git
- cd BFAV2CP
- git submodule update --init --recursive
- python -m pip install -r requirements.txt (this was the specific code for my version of python, but you may need to check)

Then keep the cmd open, find the BFAV2CP folder that was just created in your pc, follow point 4 (so place your BFAV mod into the same directory as main.py and rename it to input, so the manifest.json is <BFAV2CP Directory>/input/manifest.json).

Lastly, go back to the cmd window and input:
- main.py

and you're done! If it worked, you'll find the converted mod in the BFAV2CP folder, inside the subfolder "output".

Shunte

Greenhorn
So I'm trying to import the Cel's Sheep into python (my first time messing with code that isn't HTML or BBC code, oh my)...and I am struggling to figure out how to add the code to the main.py file? I don't know where to even begin to find it, and the tutorial that was in the GitHub link is...less than helpful. A google search isn't helping much either, so I am turning to actual people who might be more pinpoint focused on this particular problem. Thank you in advance!
I am terrible at explaining things but I can try to help you if I can. What spot are you stuck at?

Caetikins

Farmhand
Ohh, you're talking about the converter!
Ok, it took me a while to understand those instructions, because I kept trying to input all commands in python, while you have to use the command prompt of your pc (cmd).
You just have to make sure you installed both git and python, then open cmd and follow from point 2, so input:
- git clone https://github.com/anotherpillow/BFAV2CP.git
- cd BFAV2CP
- git submodule update --init --recursive
- python -m pip install -r requirements.txt (this was the specific code for my version of python, but you may need to check)

Then keep the cmd open, find the BFAV2CP folder that was just created in your pc, follow point 4 (so place your BFAV mod into the same directory as main.py and rename it to input, so the manifest.json is <BFAV2CP Directory>/input/manifest.json).

Lastly, go back to the cmd window and input:
- main.py

and you're done! If it worked, you'll find the converted mod in the BFAV2CP folder, inside the subfolder "output".
Thank you so much - if you hadn't helped me, I would be SO lost!! I think I got it - I'll be testing it today to see how it works and if these candy sheep are as adorable as they've looked this entire time =] Thank you again, so very much!

Blue, Void & Golden Cows

Blue, Void & Golden Goats

Blue, Void & Golden Ducks

Flavorful Cows

Phoenix Expansion/Redux

Chocobos

Dely

Greenhorn
Hi,
I just wanted to give a heads up that the latest two Json Assets updates (Json Assets 1.11.7, 1.11.8) broke Prospurrity machines for me
- they turned into a big red no sign 🚫 and don't work as machines with (PFM)Automate.
Also I believe the latest one (1.11.8) also broke the cats - they turned into chickens with a big red no sign 🚫 over them.
Going back to Json Assets 1.11.6 fixed it for me, so I just wanted to write it here in case someone runs into a similar thing.

AdelaQ

Greenhorn
So I just purchased a griffin along with a dragon from another CP mod and I'm suddenly getting errors with the sprites.

Code:
[game] Farm animal 'Desert Griffin' has sprite height 160px, but expected at least 192px based on its data. This may cause issues like frozen animations.
Let me know if you need the log, but this was the only issue, and it was in a yellowish text and not red. This mod is also having the same issues. According to some of the comments the animals freeze when they go outside, I'm unable to confirm this as the error showed up on a rainy day lol.

It seems to only be the animals in a barn, I have phoenixes and enchanted chickens in a coop with no issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,
I just wanted to give a heads up that the latest two Json Assets updates (Json Assets 1.11.7, 1.11.8) broke Prospurrity machines for me
- they turned into a big red no sign 🚫 and don't work as machines with (PFM)Automate.
Also I believe the latest one (1.11.8) also broke the cats - they turned into chickens with a big red no sign 🚫 over them.
Going back to Json Assets 1.11.6 fixed it for me, so I just wanted to write it here in case someone runs into a similar thing.
hey uh does reverting still work for 1.6.7 right now? I was worried it would have broken this with the recent base game hotfixes. If not ill revert to 1.11.6 like you.

Continued

Sources: Prospurrity, Witchy Animals

Edit: I'm currently reaching out to authors for explicit permissions to convert their work. The ones I still have up have permissions granted. Many have not been active for years but it doesn't excuse my sharing their work without a head's up. I will reupload mods if/when I am granted permission for them. Very sorry to anyone I have offended
Hey prospurrity broke, like others have mentioned. As the files are still up on this post, can you by chance update the conversion? pfm generates errors with the kitties. also json assets broke some things according to another user i replied to above this message.

meggiee

Planter
So I just purchased a griffin along with a dragon from another CP mod and I'm suddenly getting errors with the sprites.

Code:
[game] Farm animal 'Desert Griffin' has sprite height 160px, but expected at least 192px based on its data. This may cause issues like frozen animations.
Let me know if you need the log, but this was the only issue, and it was in a yellowish text and not red. This mod is also having the same issues. According to some of the comments the animals freeze when they go outside, I'm unable to confirm this as the error showed up on a rainy day lol.

It seems to only be the animals in a barn, I have phoenixes and enchanted chickens in a coop with no issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I have this warning for an animal too, but cannot find the source of the error...

Dely

Greenhorn
hey uh does reverting still work for 1.6.7 right now? I was worried it would have broken this with the recent base game hotfixes. If not ill revert to 1.11.6 like you.
I reverted to 1.11.6 JsonAssets and I have updated the game to 1.6.8 today and the machines work as intended with PFM and PFMAutomate and the cattos have the correct textures too. I think unless you specifically need JsonAssets 1.11.7 or higher for another mod, you could revert to 1.11.6 too and use it with the latest game update without problems.
I'm using latest nexus version of PFM (v1.9.2) and PFMAutomate (v1.5.0)

endlessstation

Greenhorn
I have this warning for an animal too, but cannot find the source of the error...
Hey there! I was able to fix this error by adding "UseFlippedRightForLeft": true, to each animal load for the barn animals having this issue. I had to poke through the SDV discord to find this post from Pathoschild about it, since there doesn't seem to be a ton of info anywhere else?

Screenshot 2024-04-22 105957.png

Also I just wanted to say thank you to you and silvermoonchan for all of the hard work you guys have put in converting all of these animals to 1.6!! You're both amazing! :)

meggiee

Planter
Hey there! I was able to fix this error by adding "UseFlippedRightForLeft": true, to each animal load for the barn animals having this issue. I had to poke through the SDV discord to find this post from Pathoschild about it, since there doesn't seem to be a ton of info anywhere else?

Also I just wanted to say thank you to you and silvermoonchan for all of the hard work you guys have put in converting all of these animals to 1.6!! You're both amazing! :)
Thank you! I don't really check the discord so much, so this is fantastic!!

I reverted to 1.11.6 JsonAssets and I have updated the game to 1.6.8 today and the machines work as intended with PFM and PFMAutomate and the cattos have the correct textures too. I think unless you specifically need JsonAssets 1.11.7 or higher for another mod, you could revert to 1.11.6 too and use it with the latest game update without problems.
I'm using latest nexus version of PFM (v1.9.2) and PFMAutomate (v1.5.0)
So from what I've seen the latest JA updates broke a lot of JA dependant mods, not just the animal ones. The only thing that seems to resolve it is starting a new game. It's probably an ID shuffling issue. So Dely I think you've got it right, unless you need the latest JA for another mod, or you're willing to start a new game, 1.11.6 should work for now :)

Thanks for figuring this out!