BFAV 1.6 Conversions

meggiee

Planter
I'm going to be real honest here but posting other people's mods WITHOUT PERMISSION and without even telling you did this is so UNCOOL. I would have been happy to have the HELP with converting my mod Pigeons and Doves for example but instead you guys just posted these here without asking and behind our backs? That doesn't make any sense.
No, you're completely right, and I have your mod updated in my game, not the converted one, so I was also aware you had done it...I was sure the permission was okay, but now that
RavenAstra posted the 3 mods all together, I guess when I went to get the bfav mod from the folder in my pc, I took your mod and not the one I was planning to. I didn't even check correctly, I went in game to see if they worked and didn't realize the difference in art.
I deleted the conversion, and will be checking if I have made any further mistake.I am very sorry about it, I was completely in the wrong.

omena007

Tiller
Just make sure you actually have the permissions (like Pigeons Plus uses my code with my permission which you did not have). For example for my mod you need mine's and rangerkatt's. Even in the case I had the open permissions, it does not make any sense for you to do this without asking or at least informing me. That's just basic manners like why would you do it? Please, in the future, at the very least leave a comment on nexus/where ever the original mod is posted.

Last edited:

meggiee

Planter
Just make sure you actually have the permissions (like Pigeons Plus uses my code with my permission which you did not have). For example for my mod you need mine's and rangerkatt's. EVEN in the case I had the open permissions, it does not make any sense for you to do this without asking or at least informing me. That's just basic manners like why would you act like this to your fellow modders? Please, in the future, at the very least leave a comment on nexus/where ever the original mod is posted.
Yes, I will be careful on how I proceed going forward. To be perfectly honest, I never coded anything for a game, and once the converter for BFAV mods came, I think I got a little carried away with the requests and the code part, and forgot about the etiquette part, and that's on me. I read the open permissions with the credit request, and in my mind the linking to the nexus mod was enough, but I should have triple checked and even then, asked and waited for permission.

Just make sure you actually have the permissions (like Pigeons Plus uses my code with my permission which you did not have). For example for my mod you need mine's and rangerkatt's. EVEN in the case I had the open permissions, it does not make any sense for you to do this without asking or at least informing me. That's just basic manners like why would you act like this to your fellow modders? Please, in the future, at the very least leave a comment on nexus/where ever the original mod is posted.
Yes, I will be careful on how I proceed going forward. To be perfectly honest, I never coded anything for a game, and once the converter for BFAV mods came, I think I got a little carried away with the requests and the code part, and forgot about the etiquette part, and that's on me. I read the open permissions with the credit request, and in my mind the linking to the nexus mod was enough, but I should have triple checked and even then, asked and waited for permission.
Yes, I'm guilty of this too. Some of the ones I've posted have open modification permissions and I always link my source as credit, but you're right we haven't been doing our due diligence and that we should at least be giving heads up to the original modders. My deepest apologies. I'm going to go through mine, double check which ones for sure gave modification permissions, and reach out to the artists

Last edited:

Ryu

Greenhorn
Hi, sorry to bother you but I have a little problem with the Prospurrity mod. If I go to Marnie the Crafting recipe for the Ice Cream Maker and the Sweet Disperser show the crafting information of a torch and when I buy them they disappear entirely. The Aquarium shows up normaly and after buying the recipe it shows up in my crafting menu as well. I tried fixing it myself but i can´t get it to show up correctly.

Hi, sorry to bother you but I have a little problem with the Prospurrity mod. If I go to Marnie the Crafting recipe for the Ice Cream Maker and the Sweet Disperser show the crafting information of a torch and when I buy them they disappear entirely. The Aquarium shows up normaly and after buying the recipe it shows up in my crafting menu as well. I tried fixing it myself but i can´t get it to show up correctly.
I'll look into it

omena007

Tiller
I'm sure none of you did this out of malice, I'm just pointing out how easy it is to just ask permission and inform people before doing something with their work. i understand this is probably something new if you have not been in the modding community before. ". I read the open permissions with the credit request, " I don't know what this means but my mods don't have open permissions so it must have been some kind of a mistake.

I'm sure none of you did this out of malice, I'm just pointing out how easy it is to just ask permission and inform people before doing something with their work. i understand this is probably something new if you have not been in the modding community before. ". I read the open permissions with the credit request, " I don't know what this means but my mods don't have open permissions so it must have been some kind of a mistake.
Yeah, mistakes happen. Im sorry this happened though! I only wanted to do mods where the mod maker was confirmed MIA for more than 2 years and had open permissions. I am hoping that more caution will come of this so that this doesnt happen again! Thanks so much for informing us though, it will eventually be appreciated.

meggiee

Planter
It was referred to Pigeons Plus, where when I looked, gave permission of modification, giving credit...honestly, it also gave credit to you for the code, and I missed that completely, so even with that still my mistake. I had both your mod and that in my game, but I wanted to convert the other, and managed to update the wrong one.
Thank you for letting me know nicely, because you had all the reasons to be extremely pissed. Hope you'll have a nice day, and sorry again!

finalgirl

Newcomer
Hi, I'm the person who asked for the update to Pigeons Plus. Wanted to apologize for the request, since I didn't know it used code directly from the BFAV Pigeons mod, since I am not a modder, and I don't know how it worked. I am grateful for the update, though, as well as the effort by the folks converting abandoned mods.

meggiee

Planter
Hi, I'm the person who asked for the update to Pigeons Plus. Wanted to apologize for the request, since I didn't know it used code directly from the BFAV Pigeons mod, since I am not a modder, and I don't know how it worked. I am grateful for the update, though, as well as the effort by the folks converting abandoned mods.
There's no need to apologize! You simply asked, there was nothing wrong with it, plus at first glance that mod does permit modifications :)

I heard back from vadie254 and Syanide23 and they gave me permission to convert their work and share with credit to them. I've actually uploaded them to Nexus, it's the squirrels, peacocks and owls

Squirrels

Peacocks

Owls

saurianne plans to update their mods so no Shetland Ponies. Same goes for miphasgrace2 so no Alligators or Snakes

Last edited:
I'm sorry, just to clarify, the Aquarium IS working just fine but the Ice Cream Maker and Sweet Dispenser aren't? Or are all three not working right?

Some more I found browsing Nexus

Pepper Rexes

Truffle Foxes

Monster Girls

Resource Chickens

Kelple

Strolly Polly

Moolin

Bambuck

Bees

Boars

Bulbasaurs & Venusaurs

Unicorns

Brahmin Cows

Hermit Crabs

PancakeHeart

Greenhorn
Hi!! I'm new here but I wanted to bring this mod to you guys's attention because I absolutely loved it until Stardew updated and I couldn't play it anymore :,)
It's called Chicken Math ! The silkies were my fave,,,

Very grateful for all the work everyone puts in this! Thank you so much :3

@silvermoonchan do you have a list of the ones you've taken down while waiting on permissions? I had downloaded them before you took them down and would like to disable them pending approval/disapproval of your conversions :'D
Alligators
Camels
Corgis
Fancy Chickens
Fancy Ducks
Fennec Foxes
Griffins
Lovebirds
Monkeys
Oxen
Phoenixes
Red Pandas
Shetland Ponies
Snakes
Swans
Turtles
Yaks

sakialyn

Farmhand
Hi!! I'm new here but I wanted to bring this mod to you guys's attention because I absolutely loved it until Stardew updated and I couldn't play it anymore :,)
It's called Chicken Math ! The silkies were my fave,,,

Very grateful for all the work everyone puts in this! Thank you so much :3
I did end up converting this one myself but need to check the permissions first before posting.