Standard Farm You too can raise slimes for fun and profit!

RD Padouk

Sodbuster
Although--thanks to a mod--I use my slime hutch as a winery, owning the hutch does give me access to slime eggs. These, combined with the slime press, have allowed me to create a thriving colony of brightly-colored slimes. They breed very quickly, which requires me to occasionally cull the herd with a scythe. I don't enjoy this, but it does keep things in check, and provides me with some unusual and interesting items.

Slimes.png

RD Padouk

Sodbuster
Have you considered using tea saplings for the majority of the fencing, reserve the stuff needing repair for just at the gates?

Also, do you have the reward from Gil for killing enough slimes?
Yes, I have the slime charmer ring. But I don't use it much because the layout is pretty safe. Thanks for the cool suggestion with tea saplings. I will keep that in mind for the future, but right now the stone fence is part of the overall look of the farm. Besides, for me, doing my daily repair rounds is part of the appeal.

RD Padouk

Sodbuster
Nice use of fencing and airlocks. I assume the slimy guys n gals like to sneak out when you least expect it? I wonder which color could best slide down to the Saloon and drink Pam or Shane under the table?
First off, cool Muppet name!! Sometimes when I get up I am informed that a few slimes have escaped. At first I was very concerned that they might be hanging out where they are not wanted, but I think they just vanish.

Lew Zealand

Helper
First off, cool Muppet name!! Sometimes when I get up I am informed that a few slimes have escaped. At first I was very concerned that they might be hanging out where they are not wanted, but I think they just vanish.
Thanks! And yes, it's all about the Boomerang Fish.

Odin

Staff member
@RD Padouk Just wanted to mention that you can reply to multiple people with one message, that helps keep threads a bit more orderly!