Wishlist

Polaris

Sodbuster
I returned to SDV after a 2 year hiatus because my original 200+ hour save file became corrupted for unknown reasons, then deleted and I ragequit. I currently have 5 save files from Year 1 to Year 7 and I've started/revisited and progressed all of them. After being gone so long, there was definitely a re-learning curve. But after 100 or so new hours put into the game, I do have a short wishlist, though I know it would mean creating some new mechanics or systems.
  • Please allow the player char to post on the board outside Pierre's shop for items they want. I have no problem with the ruleset for this being difficult or very limiting. But for the CC, it's often down to one item that's out of season and you have to rely on luck and the Traveling Cart or just wait it out. Maybe I could post on the board for a Wool or a Walleye just like the other NPCs, and some kind soul could help me out instead.
  • Please consider allowing the level 1 campfire to make basic one-pot food. Nothing fancy or that would reasonably require an oven. It is beyond irritating to learn a dozen recipes from the TV and another dozen from friendly NPCs and not be able to cook any of them until I spend 10k gp, which money is in competition with the CC Vault bundles. There's an increasing pressure to have food buffs when going deeper into the mines if your level drops have been poor or you are trying it on a bad luck day.
  • Please review the algorithms for luck or whatever system(s) determines the daily spirit attitude. Across my five saves, I find the spirits mostly displeased, annoyed or generally out of sorts for three seasons out of four, and more cheerful in winter across the board. Having said that, perhaps the dev intent is to encourage the player to spend their non-farming season (winter) on more dangerous encounters, thus needing more luck?
I understand that a bunch of 1000+ hour players might jump in with 'hey you can fix this with xyz thing' but I'm just a 300-hour player coming back after a long hiatus and being frustrated in certain areas. I've never played other games like SDV so don't have a big background in the genre, just love the game.

Elenna101

Farmer
Just so you know, the probability of good luck and the probability of bad luck are equal, and neither is related to the season.

It would be cool if we could post on the bulletin board, yeah!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Please consider allowing the level 1 campfire to make basic one-pot food. Nothing fancy or that would reasonably require an oven. It is beyond irritating to learn a dozen recipes from the TV and another dozen from friendly NPCs and not be able to cook any of them until I spend 10k gp, which money is in competition with the CC Vault bundles. There's an increasing pressure to have food buffs when going deeper into the mines if your level drops have been poor or you are trying it on a bad luck day.
This is just an IMO thing but I find the CC Vault bundles to be the least compelling of all of them both for satisfaction and rewards, so I only do them if the rest of the CC is done or I'm flush with cash. Usually the last thing I do on the CC is either the Red Cabbage (re: your first idea, which is great!) or 25,000g for the Vault.

The Kitchen upgrade to the Farmhouse is much more valuable and always comes first as that's the only way I can turn a Midnight Carp into Sashimi for Sebastian.

While leaving the Periwinkle for Seafoam Pudding to fish the Lege--

Oops.

Polaris

Sodbuster
This is just an IMO thing but I find the CC Vault bundles to be the least compelling of all of them both for satisfaction and rewards, so I only do them if the rest of the CC is done or I'm flush with cash. Usually the last thing I do on the CC is either the Red Cabbage (re: your first idea, which is great!) or 25,000g for the Vault.
I agree that the vault is just money out. But I have to budget around that requirement with other things like seed purchases, bag upgrades, tool upgrades, farm buildings and animals, etc. On my latest save, I completed the vault by the end of year 1 but didn't buy a barn or a house upgrade. Everything is a tradeoff, of course. If I wasn't playing for a longer timeframe, I would have sold every last thing I had.

Ereo

Helper
A campfire to cook on was added in the last update, but it gets unlocked pretty late. Foraging level 9 I think.

The request idea is pretty cool. I would add a chance, maybe depending on the season as well, that it is completed, so it's not a guaranteed thing because that would make it too easy.

hexnessie

Farmer
YES to the posting of jobs! It could happen in the restored Community Center, on the bulletin board there.

I would love to pay the kids in cookies and pink cake to go foraging for mushrooms and ferns, and to bring me any trash they find so I can upcycle it. I understand it would have to happen after the CC is restored because the whole point of CC bundles is to force the player to collect a thing from every season, but it would be so nice to be able to interact as the job-giver, not just job-doer. The player would have to make a good match between requested item and the proposed reward to attract the right person to do the job (Vincent will work for snails and bring you berries, but has no interest in getting metal bars as a reward, boring! While Marlon would be generally happy to bring you geodes or random artifacts in return for bone swords and rings).

Also, once you fix the pantry in the Community Center, you should be able to use the kitchen there. Because why not? It's there, it should be usable! Same with spinning wheels or other tools in the CC.

Polaris

Sodbuster
A campfire to cook on was added in the last update, but it gets unlocked pretty late. Foraging level 9 I think.

The request idea is pretty cool. I would add a chance, maybe depending on the season as well, that it is completed, so it's not a guaranteed thing because that would make it too easy.
Exactly. Like I might pick up a quest but I'm unable to fulfill it in time, and the same thing could happen to the player char. It should have limitations, like maybe one post per season, fulfilled or not.