Wilderness Farm

Sounny

Rancher
It's Spring 16th and no monsters at night. Are there conditions I need to meet? I did not check the box to spawn monsters, because I thought that was automatic with the Wilderness farm.

Salty1

Planter
It's Spring 16th and no monsters at night. Are there conditions I need to meet? I did not check the box to spawn monsters, because I thought that was automatic with the Wilderness farm.
I have truthfully not tried the wilderness farm since 1.3, but I remember monsters starting to show up on the very first night after like 8pm or so. I was never particularly fond of that map so I haven't revisited it. If I had to guess, you might need to check the box for them to spawn now even if the general farm description is the same - perhaps that can be amended (or rewritten so you have to hit the toggle box if you want to do the wilderness map without monster spawns, with a small addendum explaining).

In 1.5, enemies spawning got overhauled as an option for any farm during character creation. There is a wrench icon to bring up the menu where you can activate it.

imnvs

Local Legend
In 1.5, enemies spawning got overhauled as an option for any farm during character creation. There is a wrench icon to bring up the menu where you can activate it.
So basically, if you want monsters, even on the Wilderness Farm which was always a default since the map's introduction, you have to turn it on in the advanced options.

mouse

Farmer
(The box to spawn monsters is checked by default when you select the wilderness farm, so you'd need to specifically go in and uncheck it to turn off monsters. Non-wilderness maps with monsters turned on won't spawn as many Wilderness Golems as the combat map does.)

Mimikyu

Cowpoke
Umm. I tested this and found a slime of day 3. I did not check the box. I am playing on switch. There seems to be some inconsistencies here.

mouse

Farmer
You don't have to check the box (because it is checked for you). If you just start a new Wilderness Farm without editing any options, it will spawn monsters like normal.

Elenna101

Farmer
Yep, the box is automatically checked for you if you choose the Wilderness farm.

@Sounny Do you remember if you specifically unchecked the "spawn monsters on the farm" box? Or did you just not touch it?

Sounny

Rancher
Yep, the box is automatically checked for you if you choose the Wilderness farm.

@Sounny Do you remember if you specifically unchecked the "spawn monsters on the farm" box? Or did you just not touch it?
I can't recall at this point. I remember seeing the check box being blank and thinking it was fine,it was ment for nonWilderness farms. I was certain it would still have monsters. It must have been an accident.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Keep in mind that you won't necessarily see monsters every night. I'm in winter of year 3 on my wilderness farm, and there have been plenty of nights where I've wandered around my farm looking for trouble only to find nothing.