Why It's Not Easy to Save a Game

qaija

Sodbuster
I have played around 8 games so far. Back on my second or third game I picked up a prismatic shard when opening the nodes available after the Bridge Repair. I didn't even realize I must have opened a mystic stone at the time but I knew that the prismatic shard could be converted into a Galaxy sword which was a very nice thing to obtain before ever even venturing into the Skull Caverns. In only one of my other games did a mystic stone appear after opening the Bridge Repair and that did not give up a prismatic shard.

If it were easy to save the game, I would save it just before doing the Bridge Repair. If I then did not get a mystic stone and a prismatic shard, I would go back to the saved game and rinse and repeat until I received a prismatic shard.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can just reset the day for mining the node.
Resseting the whole quarry wouldn’t do anything as the nodes/trees/rocks are pre generated and generate passively, even without the quarry unlocked.

qaija

Sodbuster
Resseting the whole quarry wouldn’t do anything as the nodes/trees/rocks are pre generated and generate passively, even without the quarry unlocked.

Do you mean by "pre generated" that it is set for the game and that therefore my idea of saving the game before doing the Bridge repair would not work because I would get the same results no matter how many times I tried? And what does "generate passively" mean? Thanks for your reply.

Sigrah

Farmer
I have played around 8 games so far. Back on my second or third game I picked up a prismatic shard when opening the nodes available after the Bridge Repair. I didn't even realize I must have opened a mystic stone at the time but I knew that the prismatic shard could be converted into a Galaxy sword which was a very nice thing to obtain before ever even venturing into the Skull Caverns. In only one of my other games did a mystic stone appear after opening the Bridge Repair and that did not give up a prismatic shard.

If it were easy to save the game, I would save it just before doing the Bridge Repair. If I then did not get a mystic stone and a prismatic shard, I would go back to the saved game and rinse and repeat until I received a prismatic shard.
Resetting the day doesn't work for finding prismatic shards from mystic stones in the quarry. But, you can mine them at the start of the day and, if they don't drop a prismatic shard, you can restart the day, leave the mystic stone alone, and try mining it the next day to see if you get one. For whatever reason, quarry nodes reroll their contents every day, and a mystic stone that didn't drop a prismatic shard the day before can drop one on a different day if you leave them there, and I've done this method of save scumming several times now.

As for resetting the quarry itself, I don't know anything about that, but I suspect quarry nodes are tied to the seed number you get or choose to enter when you start a new game like most other aspects of the game. But I don't know, maybe someone else does.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Do you mean by "pre generated" that it is set for the game and that therefore my idea of saving the game before doing the Bridge repair would not work because I would get the same results no matter how many times I tried? And what does "generate passively" mean? Thanks for your reply.
Sigrah wrote a great explanation for what I meant.
What I meant by predetermined and passively generated is that when a world is created it already has some rocks and more generate before you have unlocked the quarry. Unlocking the quarry doesn’t just make new terrain, it just unlocks a previously locked area, so most of the stuff is still there and generating before you have access to it.

qaija

Sodbuster
"But, you can mine them at the start of the day and, if they don't drop a prismatic shard, you can restart the day, leave the mystic stone alone, and try mining it the next day to see if you get one".

Sigrah, I just wanted to thank you again for that information. In the game I am presently playing there was no mystic stone present when I first entered after the Bridge Repair which was about a season or two ago. But today one was present when I went there. I cracked it open but got no prismatic, so I restarted the day, left the mystic stone alone, and cracked it open on the following day. and VOILA! a Prismatic Shard!!!!

Sigrah

Farmer
"But, you can mine them at the start of the day and, if they don't drop a prismatic shard, you can restart the day, leave the mystic stone alone, and try mining it the next day to see if you get one".

Sigrah, I just wanted to thank you again for that information. In the game I am presently playing there was no mystic stone present when I first entered after the Bridge Repair which was about a season or two ago. But today one was present when I went there. I cracked it open but got no prismatic, so I restarted the day, left the mystic stone alone, and cracked it open on the following day. and VOILA! a Prismatic Shard!!!!
You're welcome.