Why is Jodi giving Vincent Alcohol?

VampireCake

Farmer
Maybe she means she gave him it accidentally?

Or alternatively maybe similar to this: growing up, I was allowed a small glass of home-made wine (diluted with lemonade) at christmas - the idea being that alcohol wouldn't become this mysterious forbidden thing that then becomes attractive to teenagers. Unless the law's changed since then, you can give your own kids alcohol at home. Still have to be 18 to purchase it, though they're way more strict about enforcing it these days. I'm in the UK though, obviously laws vary if you're somewhere else.

I feel old now.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Maybe she means she gave him it accidentally?

Or alternatively maybe similar to this: growing up, I was allowed a small glass of home-made wine (diluted with lemonade) at christmas - the idea being that alcohol wouldn't become this mysterious forbidden thing that then becomes attractive to teenagers. Unless the law's changed since then, you can give your own kids alcohol at home. Still have to be 18 to purchase it, though they're way more strict about enforcing it these days. I'm in the UK though, obviously laws vary if you're somewhere else.

I feel old now.
I believe there is a similar law in the US. It's similar to how children are allowed to drink the wine during communion at church