Issue Why is downloading SMAPI so hard?

Quirinea

Farmer
It seems you have an outdated version of the base game (if I got right those Windows messages). Where have you got your game from? Steam or GOG? I don't know how Steam works but from GOG you have to download and install the latest version manually. It's in your library. Mine seems to be dated 5. March.

Lovelessbee13

Newcomer
It seems you have an outdated version of the base game (if I got right those Windows messages). Where have you got your game from? Steam or GOG? I don't know how Steam works but from GOG you have to download and install the latest version manually. It's in your library. Mine seems to be dated 5. March.
I got my version from steam lol I didn't know you could get it from anywhere else.

Quirinea

Farmer
I got my version from steam lol I didn't know you could get it from anywhere else.
I don't have Steam so I don't know how it works, but it seems you should update. And the current version should be there in your "library" (the games you own). I thought Steam would be nagging if you have an outdated version running.