Why does Willy hate baits?

You know, that's a good point. It seems like he should love all baits, or at least like them. Unless, he secretly hates fishing and is only doing so for the family business. Maybe at one time he loved fishing, but now he's tired of it. That's why his business depends on someone selling him fish, because he does not fish, or he's not good at fishing?
Definitely material a fanfic writer to use here...

Baits should be an exception for Willie as the player may accidently forget that the fisherman hates baits....
Also Marnie hates hay???

In farm sims I played from the past and still currently play these characters like those type of items. 🤔
i.e. animal person likes animal centered items including animal food.....
fishing person likes fish and fishing centered items.....

This is definitely a bit strange that they hates those types of items 😕

It's just a mechanic to keep people from exploiting the system. Frankly I am surprised the left salmonberry as a like for leah. I mean you think robin would like wood and stone. Clint doesn't like ore.

Realistically though it does make sense as why would you want to remind someone of work unless they are a banker...... I mean you think willy wants to fish all the time no that's why he goes to the saloon. You think robin only wants to work with wood no she likes dancing and feeling pretty too. Just because they gift it doesn't mean they want it back. Or it can be perceived as worse and it looks like you regifted them what they gave you.

hexnessie

Farmer
He's a fisherman and wants everybody to fish, and even gives rewards for fishing.
And the such hate?
He should like baits, or at least be neutral.
Presumably because he sells them. Who would like a gift that's just been bought (and cheap!) off them? You want to be gifted something nice, something you don't already have a full inventory of - and something you aren't trying to move in mass as merchandise...

If I were in his shoes, I would be disappointed to get baits, but if it is valuable....that's a different case.

I love Willy so much!!!
A month ago, he gave me a nice gift. I swear!
a pearl.
He gave me something because of my smell.
I smelled like a crab...
I was so happy on that day; I gave it back to him...
Because I returned the gift does not mean he hates it.

If I were in his shoes, I would be disappointed to get baits, but if it is valuable....that's a different case.

I love Willy so much!!!
A month ago, he gave me a nice gift. I swear !
a pearl.
He gave me something because of my smell.
I smelled like a crab...
I was so happy on that day; I gave it back to him...
Because I returned, the gift does not mean he hates it.
I dunno crab lady. Maybe not give him old bay if he sends it to you. Jk