Why are Qi’s quests so hard?

Skeeziks

Sodbuster
The hardest one for me is the Qi fruit one. I've tried it many times and never got enough fruit! I have never tried the Skull Cavern one, because the regular Skull Cavern is hard enough. I can do the 50 loved gifts and the ship $100,000 worth of fresh cooked goods and the red, blue, green, etc., but that's about it!

Lew Zealand

Helper
From getting to level 100 in the skull cavern to collecting 100 red, orange, green, yellow, purple and blue items. I JUST WANT THE
INFINITY SWORD QI JUST GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY.
:sweat:
View attachment 17164
If you're a hoarder then that makes part or all of the Prismatic Grange pretty straightforward as you (OK, me) have this just laying around. You can try these cheap items if you stashed them somewhere (easiest sources in parenthesis):

Red - Salmonberry (Spring Foraging)
Orange - Copper Ore (The Mines, floors 2-39 w/Bombs)
Yellow - Sap (chopping Trees)
Green - Fiber (Fiber Seeds, Weeds)
Blue - Blackberry (Fall Foraging)
Purple - Bug Meat (Cave Bugs; Dorado, Pike, Lingcod Fish Ponds), Iridium Ore (Statue of Perfection, Bombing Skull Cavern starting ~Level 100)

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
The hardest one for me is the Qi fruit one. I've tried it many times and never got enough fruit! I have never tried the Skull Cavern one, because the regular Skull Cavern is hard enough. I can do the 50 loved gifts and the ship $100,000 worth of fresh cooked goods and the red, blue, green, etc., but that's about it!
I tried and failed hard on my first Qi Fruit. But I got it on the second, here's how:

1) get it early in the month, you have 27 days if you get the quest on day 1 but only 13 days if you get it on the 15th
2) Amplify your Qi Bean output by immediately running your early Qi Fruit through Seed Makers until you have about 150-200 planted

You'll be looking for Beans everywhere, I found the Volcano and Mines to be good sources. I dedicated about 200 spaces and about 6 Seed Makers on Ginger to the project but ended up using maybe 170 spaces before I calculated I had enough. I got the Quest on the 4th of the Month so I only lost about 1 round of growing and Seed Making.

But.

It's not worth it. Wayyyyyyyyy waywaywayyyayayayyayayayayay too much work!

Just do the Prismatic Grange, I did it like 5 times over with just what I had sitting in chests and now my Horse follows me everywhere!

Last edited:
If you're a hoarder then that makes part or all of the Prismatic Grange pretty straightforward as you (OK, me) have this just laying around. You can try these cheap items if you stashed them somewhere (easiest sources in parenthesis):

Red - Salmonberry (Spring Foraging)
Orange - Copper Ore (The Mines, floors 2-39 w/Bombs)
Yellow - Sap (chopping Trees)
Green - Fiber (Fiber Seeds, Weeds)
Blue - Blackberry (Fall Foraging)
Purple - Bug Meat (Cave Bugs; Dorado, Pike, Lingcod Fish Ponds), Iridium Ore (Statue of Perfection, Bombing Skull Cavern starting ~Level 100)
Oh wow I never thought about those items, I was thinking like 100 Lava geodes and rarer items 😭😭

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh wow I never thought about those items, I was thinking like 100 Lava geodes and rarer items 😭😭
This quest is one where the Wiki really helps. Also I love Tailoring and Dyeing and the PrizGrange quest uses a lot of the same items that Dyeing does, so I already knew what was cheapest and I had laying around. Here's the full list:

Godkin

Planter
This is a game where if you want something, you have to fight to get it. Mr. Qi's Special Order seems quite difficult and has a strict time limit. You can start with a task that you think is easy, such as giving 50 prizes that you like or overcoming challenges such as skipping floors with stairs when it comes to mines or caves. Because whatever is given and granted in this world is definitely fake and one day it will disappear. Whatever you wish for has no form, and whatever you desire cannot be touched. (¬_¬)