which device is better?

emly

Newcomer
Hi.
I used to religiously play SDV on my only windows laptop but i have a newish MacBook pro now which is great except it gets so loud and hot when i play for more than ten minutes... is there anyone else that has this issue and is there anyway to fix it or should i stick to playing on my switch?? any advice is welcome thanks :)

No computer that's even remotely newish should have any problems with running stardew. I play on a PC that's over 7 years old without any difficulties.

Sounds like the problem is the mac book, so you should probably take it to someone who can have it investigated

Odin

Staff member
One thing you can try is to lower the resolution of the game to something that's an even match for the laptop's resolution. For example my Mac laptop screen is 2560x1600, but you could play the game at 1280x800. Another possibility is that you just have too many different applications running while attempting to play.

As One More Day said though, no new computer should struggle to run Stardew, I originally played the game on a 2011 MacBook Pro with no issues.