Where do I get battery packs?

WHERE DO I GET BATTERY PACKS????
I'm trying to repair the boat to Ginger Island and I need my battery packs. I know you can buy them from the traveling cart and can get lightning rods to make them, but is that it?

Draconifors

Planter
Pam and Kent sometimes send you one in the mail if you have enough friendship with them.
There is a small chance of getting them from iridium bats, boxes, and crates in the Skull Caverns.

Lightning rods are the main source.

(A couple of other sources also exist, but are locked behind Ginger Island access.)

Bawby

Farmer
Pam and Kent sometimes send you one in the mail if you have enough friendship with them.
There is a small chance of getting them from iridium bats, boxes, and crates in the Skull Caverns.

Lightning rods are the main source.

(A couple of other sources also exist, but are locked behind Ginger Island access.)
Didn't mean to copy you pretty much word for word! You were just faster on the draw.

Sinmenon

Rancher
You can also get extra lucky and find them in the Traveling Cart.
And if you do the remixed bundles at the Community Center, it is a reward for the children's bundle.
When in doubt, look at the Traveling Cart, its rotating stock can be very helpful

You can also get extra lucky and find them in the Traveling Cart.
And if you do the remixed bundles at the Community Center, it is a reward for the children's bundle.
When in doubt, look at the Traveling Cart, its rotating stock can be very helpful
Yeah, I knew that, but thanks anyway ☺

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
You should expect 4-5 storms per summer and 1-2 storms per Spring or Fall, and none in Winter.

So as long as it's not mid-late fall or Winter, probably the best strategy is to make lots of lightning rods (20 is good to start, but more is better, with diminishing marginal returns) and wait for storms. A storm should come soon enough and at least two are guaranteed mid-late Summer.

Otherwise, try to kill lots of Iridium bats past floor 50 (or on prehistoric floors) of the skull caverns (ideally with the burglar's ring equipped).

You should expect 4-5 storms per summer and 1-2 storms per Spring or Fall, and none in Winter.

So as long as it's not mid-late fall or Winter, probably the best strategy is to make lots of lightning rods (20 is good to start, but more is better, with diminishing marginal returns) and wait for storms. A storm should come soon enough and at least two are guaranteed mid-late Summer.

Otherwise, try to kill lots of Iridium bats past floor 50 (or on prehistoric floors) of the skull caverns (ideally with the burglar's ring equipped).
Thanks for the info Jianadaren1!

VampireCake

Farmer
An additional note in case you didn't know, you can re-roll items sent to you in the post if you re-start the day. So if Pam or Kent send you an item but it's not a battery pack, you can reset the day until you get it. Most NPCs only have a pool of about four or so items they can gift you, so it usually won't take long. :cool:

Lew Zealand

Helper
An additional note in case you didn't know, you can re-roll items sent to you in the post if you re-start the day. So if Pam or Kent send you an item but it's not a battery pack, you can reset the day until you get it. Most NPCs only have a pool of about four or so items they can gift you, so it usually won't take long. :cool:
This is a great trick for anything that isn't set by your Game Seed but is instead determined by chance at the time of action. The Gifts in the mail work like that as do things like Tailoring with a Prizzy Shard. I don't like to "abuse" RNG like this but I will totally do it for Fashion, especially when the cost is a Prismatic Shard.

Wow! I didn't know that. Very helpful

Sinmenon

Rancher
I got extra lucky in a Skull Cavern run and got 5 battery packs from Iridium Bats. So if you got the bus working and are ok at fighting, you can try this one out.

You can also force storms with the rain totem if you get your lightning rods ready.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I got extra lucky in a Skull Cavern run and got 5 battery packs from Iridium Bats. So if you got the bus working and are ok at fighting, you can try this one out.

You can also force storms with the rain totem if you get your lightning rods ready.
Smart lady

Is it really still possible to force storms using Rain Totems in version 1.6+?