1.6 Update When is the update on Switch

Deb13

Greenhorn
Hi everyone!, I just wanna ask about the update of 1.6 on Switch 🥺 ,I'm still waiting though. I wanna play it so bad please.. pls.. pls.. make it happen already 😭🥺
If you have an idea when , please let me know Big Thanks !!🤗

The last time the Switch game was updated was 3 years ago. I doubt it'll be updated again. Maybe it will. I'm not an expert on this. This is literally the first post I've made on this website.

stardew_luv

Planter
Never.

Just Kidding. 😋

He said he’s working on mobile and console was given to third party. He wants it over with and everyone to have it but there has been more hurdles this time for some reason. Mobile was very very late last time, but hopefully console comes soon. I’d prepare for a few more months then be happy if it’s sooner!

Minister

Newcomer
There is announced a Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase for 27th August. So maybe tomorrow we can have some news, who knows! :love:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yep, what Ereo said. There will definitely be a 1.6 update for Switch, we just don't have a release date for when it will come out. ConcernedApe is personally focused on mobile right now, but there should be a team working on the console ports right now as well
Console is also generally not as much trouble as mobile for the porting, though it is a pain to get updates and patches verified, so CA is waiting until everything is done for 1.6 to update console

MissDandy

Farmer
I honestly can't wait. I remember when 1.5 was released on the switch after hearing all about it on PC. Well worth the wait!

Jianadaren1

Farmhand
Per Concernedape 14 May via Twitter, he is still working on another PC patch (1.6.9), mainly addressing bug fixes.

Given how much easier it is to implement that PC patch and port that stable version everywhere once (compared to porting the current version everywhere and then pushing updates to every port separately), it seems plausible that we'll see version 1.6.9 released for PC without warning and then provided that doesn't introduce new bugs, we'll receive an announcement for regarding port release dates shortly thereafter.

And given that CA has announced (22 July via Twitter) that he's personally working on the mobile port, it sounds like work on all the ports is being done in parallel and I might speculate that by the time the 1.6.9 PC update is ready, the ports will all be 95% complete and will be released shortly thereafter