What to do next?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I reached year 9 spring and Perfection within 5 in-game days of one another (the very last boost was thanks to a batch of 54 ancient wine turning iridium quality in the casks in the basement) – though I didn’t climb to the summit and get the cut scene until quite late 6 Spring.) it was… nice. Not worth going through again for its own sake, maybe, but still satisfying to say I did it once. I pretty much want to get several screenshots of Jules’ farms at their best (which will mean running a wee bit longer), and her spouses, and the farmhouse, and then close the curtain on that game.

Now, I need to make a choice.

For a long time I had a specific plan for my next farmer (A fellow called Mord). I even did a small test run of Mord, or at least the gist, in the past, though I deleted it with the wish to start from scratch, because of some particular mods I wanted to use with him but not with Jules.

But then I got some other ideas of mods and mod patches I wanted to do for myself. Some were complex enough I wanted to run a testing-only farmer in between finishing Jules and starting Mord. Which I was thinking of ways to have not-just-testing fun with by doing a bunch of extra stuff(things like "I will marry person x or y whom I can't imagine romancing outside of this one Whimsical run"). Not so much extra stuff it has a point if I don’t write a heap of mods and patches and pixel art, but enough to be a fresh little farmer. Even though the purpose is a lot of hard work, I've been calling it Whimsy because of the lighter side stuff.

Well, I’m having issues with some of the work I wanted to try (you can see signs of one of these in the Mod support forum…), and the ones I am not having issues with are simple enough that I could probably just add to Mord directly. And part of me does want to finally jump into a concept I’ve been thinking about, but not really able to play properly, for months.

But I also feel like I’ve put in enough time on the extra stuff that just skipping out on it feels like I was wasting that effort. Maybe it’s sunk cost fallacy? At the same time, it's teaching me something about how code building and mod making works...

So, should I do Mord, or Whimsy?