Question What qol mods do you guys use?

starbrite

Sodbuster
I use so many mods! I also use Seasonal Outfits, More Diverse Stardew Valley, and SVE in general to make things fresh, different, and more immersive for me personally. As far as "cheats" or ways to make things easier, faster for me, I like CJB's Item Spawner, Chests Anywhere (bc tbh who likes running all the way to the blacksmith to only see you forgot all your coal), CJB Cheats Menu (so I can warp places faster when modding or just when I'm lazy :P), CJB Show Item Sell Price, and BillBoard Anywhere. I also like the idea of the mod that lets your spouse get a monthly (or weekly? I forgot) paycheck. I haven't gotten married in the game so I can't test it yet, but it makes sense since your partner does live with you now and needs to help with bills 👀 at least in my immerse playthroughs he does 😂

I also really love the seasonal overhauls for buildings like Elle's Replacements, Seasonal Pet House (?I think that's the name?), and the Vintage/Country interiors. Makes the place feel more alive to me since building exteriors change based on season and the inside of my house/buildings more cozy.

Besides those, I really like immersive dialogue mods that overhaul characters or just give them more backstory/make things make more sense (and no, I'm not promoting my own mod here, I'm dead serious LOL!). I'm really into roleplaying and immersion when I play any time of game, so those really help bring the game more to life for me. My favorites are the Doki Doki series for romance, and then the general overhauls/expansions like Canon Friendly Dialogue Expansion (I think it's called?). :)

liquidcat

Staff member
I forgot the name of the mod but I really love the mod which shows the area of effect of sprinklers, scarecrows, etc! It save a lot of effort especially for scarecrow which have different area of effect than other things!

Pottedplant530

Greenhorn
I forgot the name of the mod but I really love the mod which shows the area of effect of sprinklers, scarecrows, etc! It save a lot of effort especially for scarecrow which have different area of effect than other things!
Yep! I’ve been using this one and it’s so helpful

27dschild

Planter
Waaaaaah
i wanna use it too
but you don’t remember the name
this is the bane of my existence

mouse

Farmer
Data Layers is also really useful for this kind of thing -- it can show you tiles that are walkable/tillable/buildable/etc, the coverage of bee house/scarecrow/sprinkler/etc, and can also optionally just show a tile grid which is useful for modders :) (It also supports several mods that change those ranges.)

I just got back into stardew, and adding a few mods, but map edits vs mods... -shrug- trying to figure it out.
Uh... lets see. I’m on my tablet so I don’t have links on hand, but Experience Bars has been a showcased mod I really wanted to try and finally got smapi working. (It does make me sliiiightly nervous to constantly run my terminal shell while playing, but I’ll get over it). Enemy health bars and... I forgot what else. I’ll edit this. I like the idea of data layers. Is it a constant sight of it, or toggleable?

mouse

Farmer
I just got back into stardew, and adding a few mods, but map edits vs mods... -shrug- trying to figure it out.
Uh... lets see. I’m on my tablet so I don’t have links on hand, but Experience Bars has been a showcased mod I really wanted to try and finally got smapi working. (It does make me sliiiightly nervous to constantly run my terminal shell while playing, but I’ll get over it). Enemy health bars and... I forgot what else. I’ll edit this. I like the idea of data layers. Is it a constant sight of it, or toggleable?
Data Layers is on a toggle. You press the hotkey (configurable, but F2 by default) and can then cycle through a number of different modes for the overlay, like walkable tiles (useful for secret paths), range of things like scarecrows, or whether crops have been watered/fertilized. There's more info on the mod page, though :)

(The terminal shell is SMAPI's console. It starts first to get all your mods together, then launches the game to be able to make modifications to it. It's logging in the background all the things those mods are doing, and also lets you type in some useful commands (type help to see a list) with the mod it installs by default. Other mods can add more, too. If you or some process on your computer tried to type in something else into the SMAPI console (e.g. tried to use it as a regular shell), it would just be confused and not recognize it as a valid command.)

Good luck with getting started in modding, and feel free to open a thread in the mod support forum if you need help! (Or join the modding channels on the Stardew Valley Discord server, which has a lot of helpful people.)

Greggle

Greenhorn
Waaaaaah
i wanna use it too
but you don’t remember the name
this is the bane of my existence
The mod you're probably looking for is UI Info Suite. It offers a lot more than just ranges like reminders when the Queen of Sauce is on.

QoL Mods that are fairly cheat-y:

Automate
Another Jump Mod
Chests Anywhere
Enhanced Loot Magnet
Expert Sitting
Better Beach Forage
Better Quarry Redux
Better Junimos
Sit for Stamina
Zoomy Farmer

QoL Mods that are just really useful without making it too unbalanced:

Automatic Gates
Better Mixed Seeds
Better Ranching
Context Sensitive Gift Cursor
Empty Hands
Harvest with Sycthe
Non Destructive NPCs
Simple Crop Label
Shipment Tracker
Range Highlight
Transparent Objects
Walk Through Trellis
Zoom Level

There's another set of mods that are really useful but it's not yet updated for 1.5:

Better Panning
Better Train Loot

Rosinante

Newcomer
Im using:
  • CJB Show Item Sell Price
  • Community Center Helper
  • Daily Tasks Report
  • Data Layers (shows ranges from Scarecrows, Beehives etc.)
  • Fast Animations (I set everything to 1 except the following, EatAndDrinkSpeed to 2, HarvestSpeed 2, MountOrDismountSpeed 2, BreakGeodeSpeed 20, PamBusSpeed 20, TitleMenuTransitionSpeed 20, LoadGameBlinkSpeed 20 and i checked no Confirmation for Eating)
  • Generic Mod Config Menu
  • Gift Taste Helper
  • Highlighted Jars (This allows you to easily see missed jars/kegs when you are filling massive amounts of jars or kegs)
  • Lookup Anything
  • Mod Update Menu (helps keeping every mod up to date)
  • No Defend With Sword (This prevents the usage of defending with a sword. This is helpful because accidental usage of defend is a common mistake.)
  • NPC Map Locations
  • Remember Faced Directions (This fixes the bug where the game removes your faced direction after performing an action (like eating))
  • Running Late (This prevents the game from rounding the time to the nearest 10 minutes. It gives Players a better sense of time)
  • Skip Intro
  • UI Info Suite (unchecked Show Calender and Board)
I tried to not interfere with the vanilla strategies in terms of mods.

in multiplayer with Friends im playing with:
  • Multiplayer Time (Stops time if each player on Server should have time stopped. Usefull when a friend want to read Cutscenes etc. i can just open inventory and the game pauses and we are not loosing the whole day.)

Last edited: