What kind of storyline additions would you want to see for NPC's?

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
You run for mayor against lewis, take over, he retires to be a farmer with Marnie and the finally marry, and as mayor you expand Pelican town to the west, adding an area where you can build houses for the bachelors you don't marry so they can move there and have their own kids, and a school where all kids go together.

The area could also have tourist houses that can become permanent residents and open shops based on the things you have shipped the most. Sell tons of fish, a tourist moves in and becomes a fishmonger, selling fish, roe, fish preserves, and smoked fish.
ngl, that'd be cool. Reminds me of HM Tale of Two Towns, you can choose between two towns where you can become a farmer (one western and the other asian culture) and it's one of my favorite entries in the series. But I imagine that'd have to be a dlc or sequel game all on its own, that is a LOT of 'updates' the base game would need.

Alysha

Farmhand
You run for mayor against lewis, take over, he retires to be a farmer with Marnie and the finally marry, and as mayor you expand Pelican town to the west, adding an area where you can build houses for the bachelors you don't marry so they can move there and have their own kids, and a school where all kids go together.

The area could also have tourist houses that can become permanent residents and open shops based on the things you have shipped the most. Sell tons of fish, a tourist moves in and becomes a fishmonger, selling fish, roe, fish preserves, and smoked fish.
Personally, I love this idea. I would also like the player have a relationship with their in-laws. Like having heart events that you can only get with someone if you are their in-law. So if you were married to Haley, you could have a cutscene where you, Haley, and Emily could make clothes or something together.

Maher

Sodbuster
None of the other townsfolk, especially Vincent and Jas' families, really mention or appreciate Penny that much. JUSTICE FOR MY WIFE!!! She's definitely the least fleshed out marriage candidate.
If you haven't done so, start another save file and get to Haley's 14.2 heart event. That little arc dovetails with Penny-as-teacher in ways that I think you will find satisfying. Do not content yourself with the spoilers in the Wiki. Watching it play out is worth the trouble.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Personally, I love this idea. I would also like the player have a relationship with their in-laws. Like having heart events that you can only get with someone if you are their in-law. So if you were married to Haley, you could have a cutscene where you, Haley, and Emily could make clothes or something together.
Oh, that'd be perfect! I would love to see these many relationships actually improve, like helping Sebastian overcome the jealousy he feels over his step-dad and half sister by doing events specific to that after you marry him.
(tbh I haven't gotten through his events yet but I assume that doesn't happen in game)

boyliker

Sodbuster
If you haven't done so, start another save file and get to Haley's 14.2 heart event. That little arc dovetails with Penny-as-teacher in ways that I think you will find satisfying. Do not content yourself with the spoilers in the Wiki. Watching it play out is worth the trouble.
!! I had no idea! I married every candidate back when Shane and Emily were introduced, so I think 14 heart events weren't available at the time.. I'll have to see it c: Thank you!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Or if Haley was taking pictures of the clothes Emily makes so they can sell them online or something, or even just post to Junimbler or something.

Though a bit of a clich (the "listen to problems" bartender), I can see that.
@Maher said in another thread that I completely agree with.
I would like to know a little more about Linus. He learned to build igloos in the the tundra! I bet he has cool stories. A cutscene where you catch Sam and Abigail- I mean- some kids with unknown identities messing with his tent would be nice.
I think that Linus could have a lot of cool little cutscenes with other characters.

Penny's development makes me soooo sad. I love Penny, but there's not much there for her character. I'd love to see more interactions between her and Vincent & Jas' guardians, interactions with the library or the farmer discovering artifacts or adding books to the library, literally anything added to her character after marriage other than "i decorated the room for you!" (which is cute, but still). None of the other townsfolk, especially Vincent and Jas' families, really mention or appreciate Penny that much. JUSTICE FOR MY WIFE!!! She's definitely the least fleshed out marriage candidate.
Yes, it bugs me every time while fishing by the town river when Penny brings the kids home, then Marnie just walks right past them. Not only does she ignore Penny, but she does so even with Jas.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Penny was very abused and learned to be quiet and hide her feelings for fear of verbal (and I pray not but could see some physical abuse.) I think that’s why she doesn’t grow much but she definitely appreciates and loves the person. It’s just she needs counseling to let her past out and feel safe being who she is verses who she was forced to be. To think she was the one who volunteered to educate the children of the town when no one else volunteered. There’s a couple who could have like Marnie who stares as her microwave full time several days a week before going to the saloon or Caroline who’s only child is full grown. But again, despite all the pain she experienced growing up it was sweet penny who volunteered to help the children receive an education in a town too remote to have an actual school.

The cutscene with Sam in the tree is BEFORE you start dating her. It just happens to be in a place you may not regularly visit until you are dating or married to her. I can’t believe how many people hold that against her. It’s sickening. She didn’t cheat, you weren’t dating. It’s just the cutscene triggered by natural ingrained timing and place at an awkward time.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
The real truth about Mr Qi, his reason for spying on Stardew valley 24/7/365, having several exclusive hide outs, his seemingly close relationship to my grandfather, and who was my grandfather really to have a close relationship to that freakishly creepy man. Lots of questions there.

LRangerR

Local Legend
The real truth about Mr Qi, his reason for spying on Stardew valley 24/7/365, having several exclusive hide outs, his seemingly close relationship to my grandfather, and who was my grandfather really to have a close relationship to that freakishly creepy man. Lots of questions there.
I like the theory that Rasmodius, Marlon, Gil, Linus, Clint's Grandfather (father?), and your grandpa were all in the same RPG-esque party that helped found Pelican Town. Several of them seem to have an unspoken relationship to each other's pasts, and it's not completely implausible for it to be a possibility.

Maher

Sodbuster
The cutscene with Sam in the tree is BEFORE you start dating her. It just happens to be in a place you may not regularly visit until you are dating or married to her. I can’t believe how many people hold that against her. It’s sickening. She didn’t cheat, you weren’t dating. It’s just the cutscene triggered by natural ingrained timing and place at an awkward time.
You know what would be cool? If cut scenes like this, where the conditions are met only after subsequent cut scenes are shown, get displayed in something like the movie theater interface, or through a sepia filter with photo corners to signal that you are looking at a memory.

Last edited: