1.6 Update What if...

ArtifactSpot

Yeah since I'm only mobile I haven't been following it that closely this time, I figured it would be that way again
He mentioned once that it is not his platform of choice to work with. It’s a different way of doing things and requires a lot more time and effort. He said that he will most likely not bring Haunted Choclatier to mobile cause of this.

Odin

Staff member
Basically the way it works is that CA works on the PC/Mac version of Stardew, and then hands it off to another company who translate the original version into ones that can work on consoles and mobile, with some assistance from CA. So unless there was a big change to how development is handled, console and mobile versions will always be on a slight delay.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Basically the way it works is that CA works on the PC/Mac version of Stardew, and then hands it off to another company who translate the original version into ones that can work on consoles and mobile, with some assistance from CA. So unless there was a big change to how development is handled, console and mobile versions will always be on a slight delay.
Yeah, CA clarified a few days ago on the same topic, also mentioning it's gui and control stuff that makes the updates on mobile take considerably longer

I know the 1.5 update for mobile was quite significantly delayed- it came out a year or more after PC. But if you remember waiting for the 1.4 update, that was only a few months. 1.4 was big, adding tailoring, fish ponds, the four corners farm, and the desert trader.
I can't find it now, I don't remember if it was here or on twit, that ConcernedApe told us while waiting for 1.5, that future updates for mobile wouldn't be lagging so terribly far behind.

Odin

Staff member
The difference with 1.5 on mobile was that ConcernedApe had to switch porting teams, so the people working on bringing 1.5 to mobile hadn't worked with that version of the game before.