1.6 Update What do you think of 1.6 update

What do you think of 1.6 update so far?

• I absolutely love it!

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I mostly like it, with maybe one or two small changes.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I truly have mixed feelings and/or I really miss certain aspects of 1.5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I don’t really care for it. I prefer past updates (such as 1.4 or 1.5)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not have 1.6 yet.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I mostly like it. What i do not like, though:

1) Prismatic Shard find chance got lowered, from a couple of sources, while now they are needed in bigger number (one more tool to enchant)
2) Dungeons changed a little bit. While this is mostly a good thing for spice and variety's sake, Skull Cavern is now pointless to dwell in when you first unlock it, because no iridium nodes spawn in early levels anymore.
3) 1.6.4 made Mystery Boxes to appear less frequently. This is very inconvenient, since they have a pretty large item pool and the useful items you need, are already challenging to come by.
4) Transitioning from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 on one save file, broke certain things, one of them crucial for the game. I am afraid to slowly update the game on the go one by one subversion, in fear of other things breaking, too. Instead, i am eagerly anticipating the very final, solid, safe version and to find the Book of Mysteries, first!

Other than those, all is well!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm enjoying the changes, but I hadn't played SDV before this that long, only a few months. Has anyone else noticed that crop damage from lightening appears to have increased? It may be a map thing, too: I'm playing the beach farm for the first time.
That is my impression as well, however:

I've had way more lightning days that I remember getting
I'm growing more crops (191) than usual (120-160)

I'm playing Forest Farm because I forgot there was a new map. Good one, eh? But it means it's the same Farm I almost always play so no variation there.

Yvi

Sodbuster
I had two things I wanted from this update - I wanted a new type of tree, and more forageables. I honestly didn't think I'd get either. And then I got the three mossy/wild trees, mystic trees, and the whole genre of moss, mushroom logs, etc. It really seems like the update was perfectly tailored to me! Also, I feel much wealthier this run than any other - I'm unlocking stuff sooner, hitting goals easier. Stuff that used to be hard RNG locked now has some workarounds (like the ability to create artifact spots to farm for missing museum items). It's been rather fun - makes me feel like I'm a speedrunner or something.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I really enjoy it while simultaneously not playing it as it ruins a lot of stuff for me, I think the middle options suits me best.

While most of the new features are pretty awesome, I’m not really a player who would take advantage of most of them and therefore it removes more than it adds for stuff I’d use, still looking forward to finally playing it more though.