What communities are you from or have been in?

tommybob

Planter
Interested to know where everyone else has come from!

Myself, a long time ago used to be a moderator for the Yogscast when they were big, I did modding on their servers for Minecraft, building for the Youtube series and moderated their forums. Was a fun time!

Now I am part of just a small community with a few people that regularly play games, we are all in the same age group (30ish) and play League and other games often.

Odin

Staff member
No connection to how I ended up in the Stardew community, but many years ago I played on a pvp Minecraft server called Overcast, which had its own forums. The closed down after the creator when off to college though.

Actually, I just went to their site https://oc.tc/ (a great url) and it looks like they've actually started up again this year at a bit smaller of a scale! So thanks for helping me rediscover that :)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I would consider myself part of two "groups" as it were, Gaia Online and Stardew Valley

I befriended people with the outdated chat feature on Gaia Online and I am still friends with many of them today for several years now! (and yes i still use gaia please don't come for me :cry: )

I joined the Chucklefish forums when I first started playing SDV and the forums were my LIFE for a long time, I posted so much there. Some of the forum regulars made a chat on Skype, that was fun, but then Discord started kicking up more and I ended up joining Discord because of the SDV server. It was history after that, the server took over my life and still is today! Even though I technically started on the CF forums, I would say I came from the SDV server, very proudly so

No other communities really come to mind, but I'm a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog and as a kid I would roleplay as my own Sonic characters on Neopets... I'm showing my age here.... I don't really interact with the community much anymore though, it's just a really nice surprise when a friend of mine ends up liking Sonic too

Warwick

Greenhorn
I would consider myself part of two "groups" as it were, Gaia Online and Stardew Valley

I befriended people with the outdated chat feature on Gaia Online and I am still friends with many of them today for several years now! (and yes i still use gaia please don't come for me :cry: )
Fellow Gaian! I haven't been around there much lately with how busy I've been but I used to spend a ton of time in the Pokemon and mlp forums and I was super into the zomg the first few years it was around. How's Gaia doing anyway? Has Lanzer figured out how to fix the economy yet?

I think besides Gaia I've mostly been around smaller forums. When I was way younger I hung out on a Vampire Chronicles site and after that I was around a vkei fansite for a few years. After that I hopped around pet sites but the only one that ever really stuck was Neurogalaxy, may it rest in peace.

I met my main friend group through (don't @ me) Homestuck but like, specifically, playing Homestuck themed mafia games.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Fellow Gaian! I haven't been around there much lately with how busy I've been but I used to spend a ton of time in the Pokemon and mlp forums and I was super into the zomg the first few years it was around. How's Gaia doing anyway? Has Lanzer figured out how to fix the economy yet?
Well it's certainly doing better than it was before; the economy is pretty overwhelming but I would say it's a lot more stable than it used to be. They're still working on paying off all the debts that previous administration caused them and rely heavily on user donation which can be iffy sometimes. They seem to be doing alright now but they still have some major issues regarding gaining customers and giving their GaiaCash some more worth than it has. They really need to look at how Flight Rising does some things sometimes imo but I get they're different beasts in a way too.

zOMG I'm pretty sure works again and they're slowly fixing up some other features

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Years ago I was on a forum for an web graphics site by the name of Evolution Graphics. Its forum was named The Anarchy Forums and it was mainly focused around design, game, anime, and wrestling. Quite a variety.

As for gaming related? I played World of Warcraft from the end of Wrath up until the start of this year so I bounced around different fan sites and resources with that.

I am still currently active on the MacRumors web forums.. a forum based around well.. Mac Rumors.

Journi

Planter
Gaiaonline, Hogwartsonline, and Stardew Valley.

this forum is much more kind than the other two.
Half the time HogwartsOnline tend to ignore new players and people are not important enough/worthy enough to be acknowledged, which sucks because it was an amazing website like 5 years ago. :(

Anodyne

Farmhand
Town of Salem.

I joined that community 5 years ago, and even though most of my friends from there don't post anymore, we still keep in contact on a discord server every day.

This is the first forum community I've attempted to join since then.