What Are the Fastest Times That You Have Met Various Milestones?

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
By this, I mean things like completing the Community Center, or even just finishing the first room of the Community Center. But this could also mean other milestones that you find important as well. Just yesterday, I set a personal record for the fastest time completing the first room of the Community Center. I completed the boiler room on Spring 16, Year One. And on the same file, on Spring 17, Year One, I managed the fastest time that I had ever collected all of the Dwarf Scrolls. I couldn't turn the last one in until Spring 18, though, because the museum was closed. I get the feeling that this particular file is an obscenely lucky one, because the Crop Fairy made an appearance on the very first night. My next order of business is going to be seeing how quickly I can get the rusty key on this file.

Last edited:

Sigrah

Farmer
Personal best for the Community Center being fully completed was late Fall of Year 1. I got seriously lucky on the traveling cart, but it was also one of my bigger mistakes in that I didn't get an automatic +2 hearts with Kent like I would have had if I waited till Spring 1, Year 2. Since then, even if I'm lucky enough to have everything needed to finish the Community Center before Year 2, I always wait until Spring 1, Year 2 just so I can those bonus hearts with Kent.

Personal best for the Mines was getting Mine Carts in Week 3 of Spring, Year 1, and reaching level 120 on Spring 27, Year 1. That I welcomed very much, it made getting upgrades that much easier.

Personal best for getting into the Secret Woods was also in Week 3 of Spring, Year 1. Besides the watering can, I always go for upgrading my axe to steel ASAP so I can start clearing out stumps and large logs, and also clear trees on my farms more quickly, especially for Summer of Year 1 when I have at least 4 plots of 100 crop fields in production.

Personal best for catching Legend is Spring 27, Year 1. I'm INSANE when it comes to fishing, and I will start going after catfish on Spring 3, Year 1, whether or not I have the Fiberglass Pole. Usually I am able to get it on Spring 3 unless I have bad luck catching large mouth bass in the Mountain Lake. But by the end of Spring, Year 1, I'll always be at level 9 in fishing, which is enough to go after Legend provided you buy +1 fishing food from Willy. It's EXTREMELY difficult without a trap bobber, but it's possible if you're lucky enough.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, but I'll post more if I think of anything.

Zaphira

Sodbuster
In my first two or three longer games I played, I didn't know about the Statue of Perfection. My longest play goes to year 9 and I had built all the stuff from the wizard, but no SoP. One day I found out what story hides behind the cutscene at the end of year 2.
Since then, I started one new game on every available map with the goal to get the statue at the first possible time, which is end end of year 2. I actually did it on every map, knowing my way through it, even without much shopping at the traveling cart.

In my latest game, which is the 4-corners-map, I'm sure I could have gotten the statue at around end of summer year 2. I don't use any mods, so I don't have proof of all the things that count to the achievement. But Town Center was done, incl. Cinema, many friends in the list. Cellar built, 2 kids, the pet is happy and so on.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I've found that if you wanna complete any room in the Community Center as soon as possible, even if you're not trying to speedrun, it's the boiler room. This is because having the mine carts up and running saves you a lot of time in the day, which usually means making more gold. Very, very helpful in early game! Also, I gotta admit that the reason I try to get all of the Dwarf Scrolls as soon as possible is so my gifts to the Dwarf will start counting in time for their birthday in the summer. :dwarf: That's also why I try to get the rusty key before winter, since Krobus' birthday is Winter 1. :krobus:

Boo1972

Farmer
I've found that if you wanna complete any room in the Community Center as soon as possible, even if you're not trying to speedrun, it's the boiler room. This is because having the mine carts up and running saves you a lot of time in the day, which usually means making more gold. Very, very helpful in early game! Also, I gotta admit that the reason I try to get all of the Dwarf Scrolls as soon as possible is so my gifts to the Dwarf will start counting in time for their birthday in the summer. :dwarf: That's also why I try to get the rusty key before winter, since Krobus' birthday is Winter 1. :krobus:
My first farm I couldn’t find the first scroll at all. Couldn’t talk to the dwarf, and couldn’t buy bombs. It took until almost year 4! It’s funny how luck works sometimes. A

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like to be organized in games. Not that I play games about Organizations and their range of offers, a subset of which lack refusal rights. No, no, no. Games which have a wide enough range of options to organize but are narrow enough for me to keep them organized. So 3, maybe 4 things, tops. My brain has an extremely small L2 cache. Today's RPGs-- that's Actual Work. That I don't get Paid for. Yeah ok, not much different than IRL.

Stardew Valley is that happy medium (no, not M. Rasmodius or the Night Market blue Christmas tree Jawa) where I can keep track of everything with the help of a printout and approach a minimum effort, maximum return experience. As Jack of Shades sagely states: It's my chill game.

However, I still take great pleasure in getting the Community Center done, Married w/rugrats, copious animal and vegetable husbandry, and the Catdog regularly pet and watered so that when Stay-Puft Papa Smurf granddad sits in judgement of our wrongs, the worst criticism he can land is, "Mr. Qi and I were BFFs after only 5 months and you can't even figure out how to install a battery without turning up the gamma on your monitor!"

redbobcat

Rancher
I fished out an ancient seed on day 4 spring 1. Planted it, made game backup, and prayed, until finally on day 6 was able to make a scarecrow 😆

A Junimo

Planter
I honestly couldn't say. I dont typically rush anything in Stardew Valley. It's my chill game. :iristar:
Same! I don't specifically speed-run anything in Stardew, but I have gotten some early luck. I think one day I got a Dino Egg on my first or second day, literally.
Also, I'm not sure how this exactly happened, but I got married before the end of Year 1.