Question What are some good mod suggestions for a modded playthrough?

BrickStrike

Farmhand
I've decided I want to start a modded playthrough for the game. What are some of your favorites?
Here's what I've already decided on:
(Background stuff)
SMAPI
JSON Assets
Expanded Preconditions Utility
SpaceCore
Content Patcher
Generic Mod Config Menu
Stardew Hack
CustomNPCFixes
Farm Type Manager
Mail Framework Mod
PyTK
TMXLoader
Winter Grass
Shop Tile Framework
Quest Framework
Custom Music
Custom NPC Exclusions
Custom Companions
Custom NPC Fixes
Anti-Social NPCs

(Content stuff)
Automate
Super Hopper
Combine Machines
Oasis Greenhouse
Raised Garden Beds
More Rings
Wear More Rings
Stardew Valley Expanded
DeepWoods
Bigger Backpack
Friends Forever*
NPC Map Locations
Ridgeside Village
Life Cycle
Mobile Phone

*These are tentative

Last edited:

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I've decided I want to start a modded playthrough for the game. What are some of your favorites?
Here's what I've already decided on:
(Background stuff)
SMAPI
JSON Assets
Expanded Preconditions Utility
SpaceCore
Content Patcher
Generic Mod Config Menu
Stardew Hack

(Content stuff)
Automate
Super Hopper
Combine Machines
Oasis Greenhouse
Raised Garden Beds
More Rings
Wear More Rings
Stardew Valley Expanded*
DeepWoods
Bigger Backpack
Friends Forever*
NPC Map Locations
Ridgeside Village*

*These are tentative
Even though it’s nothing major, and just a rather small addition, I did (and still do) enjoy the ‘Romanced NPCs in CC Ceremony’ mod.

It’s a nice touch having the NPC that you’re either dating or married to next to you during the cutscene, after CC is restored, and having that NPC talk about it. It just adds even just a small amount of something extra into the game.

I have more mods to sort through, so I’ll probably be editing this post with more that come to mind (if someone else doesn’t beat me to punch lol).

Edit;;
Life Cycle Rival Hearts Events adds in where certain bachelors and bachelorettes can date one another, with some being able to get married and have children (with the pairings having their own unique and special heart events and cutscenes). From the pairings available currently in the mod, you can remove the folders of the pairings you don’t want in your game.

Mobile Phone mod adds a cell phone to the game, where (after you reach x-amount of hearts with the NPC), you’re able to call them, replay heart event scenes through the ‘reminisce’ option. It also counts towards talking to that NPC for the day. There are chances where the NPC will call you as well.

For aesthetics, I personally love Elle’s texture packs mods.

Last edited:

BrickStrike

Farmhand
Even though it’s nothing major, and just a rather small addition, I did (and still do) enjoy the ‘Romanced NPCs in CC Ceremony’ mod.

It’s a nice touch having the NPC that you’re either dating or married to next to you during the cutscene, after CC is restored, and having that NPC talk about it. It just adds even just a small amount of something extra into the game.

I have more mods to sort through, so I’ll probably be editing this post with more that come to mind (if someone else doesn’t beat me to punch lol).

Edit;;
Life Cycle Rival Hearts Events adds in where certain bachelors and bachelorettes can date one another, with some being able to get married and have children (with the pairings having their own unique and special heart events and cutscenes). From the pairings available currently in the mod, you can remove the folders of the pairings you don’t want in your game.

Mobile Phone mod adds a cell phone to the game, where (after you reach x-amount of hearts with the NPC), you’re able to call them, replay heart event scenes through the ‘reminisce’ option. It also counts towards talking to that NPC for the day. There are chances where the NPC will call you as well.

For aesthetics, I personally love Elle’s texture packs mods.
I like the life cycle and mobile phone ones, so I'm adding those in. I honestly like the regular textures, so I'm fine without a texture pack.

Dragonheardt

Planter
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't fancy Ridgeside Village. Doesn't feel like Stardew very much and adds "too much" imo. Then again if you play through SVE a bunch of times, maybe that will be stale, then adding Ridgeside or Zuzu would be nice lol. I preferred Vanilla playthrough, then SVE, then SVE+Ridgeside, etc.