Weeds (or rocks) can destroy Rarecrows??!!!

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
I just lost Rarecrow #8 to a rock that spawned. I had a sign just below it to identify the Rarecrow number is how I know which one it was. When I got the notice that weeds destroyed my farm I went looking around and saw the rock and a piece of wood both spawned by where the Rarecrow was stationed.

I think Rarecrows should be among the special items that random nature spawns cannot destroy. It's bad enough stone walking paths get destroyed by weeds, but the Rarecrows (and all scarecrows) stand up above the grass and should be protected.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I just lost Rarecrow #8 to a rock that spawned. I had a sign just below it to identify the Rarecrow number is how I know which one it was. When I got the notice that weeds destroyed my farm I went looking around and saw the rock and a piece of wood both spawned by where the Rarecrow was stationed.

I think Rarecrows should be among the special items that random nature spawns cannot destroy. It's bad enough stone walking paths get destroyed by weeds, but the Rarecrows (and all scarecrows) stand up above the grass and should be protected.
An old tip for Stardew players, is to always place a flooring tile (gravel path? cobblestone path? anything other?) on the ground and then, place upon it, your scarecrow or any other tool (like sprinklers). This way they won't suddenly break or disappear, because "reasons". And most importantly, you don't run the risk of you accidentally removing them, while you're using the Hoe.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
You can get multiple rarecrows, though. So it isn't an item that, if lost, can never be replaced. I make a note to buy extra #7 every winter so I can put up fuzzy gray friends all over my farm.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
You can get multiple rarecrows, though. So it isn't an item that, if lost, can never be replaced. I make a note to buy extra #7 every winter so I can put up fuzzy gray friends all over my farm.
With the exception of the Space Alien. He can be replaced but at a big cost.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Weed damage always takes the good stuff too, hard to find, hard to make, costly, etc. Yes you can put most things in a shed but in the beginning you need that money for seeds and tool upgrades. Scare crows have to stay outside though. I’d put your rare crows in a chest from now on and make the cheap ones for your crops. Also if you haven’t started you need to think of putting lightning rods up near your crops. Several players have made observations here that 1.6 seems to have slightly higher crop strike rates. It not proven just an observation.

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
An old tip for Stardew players, is to always place a flooring tile (gravel path? cobblestone path? anything other?) on the ground and then, place upon it, your scarecrow or any other tool (like sprinklers). This way they won't suddenly break or disappear, because "reasons". And most importantly, you don't run the risk of you accidentally removing them, while you're using the Hoe.
I've had stone pathing get eaten by weeds before, and if you ask me, scarecrows should not be picked up by the hoe or scathe. You should be required to use the pick or axe. Sprinklers are protected from the hoe. I see no reason why scarecrows and rarecrows shouldn't be. I know I've plucked mine out of the ground a few times while gardening with the powered up hoe.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
I've had stone pathing get eaten by weeds before, and if you ask me, scarecrows should not be picked up by the hoe or scathe. You should be required to use the pick or axe. Sprinklers are protected from the hoe. I see no reason why scarecrows and rarecrows shouldn't be. I know I've plucked mine out of the ground a few times while gardening with the powered up hoe.
I tend to agree on a hoe not being able to do much of anything but till dirt. Scarecrows, lightning rods and paths should also be included.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They can destroy basically anything with few exceptions, however they can't spawn on anything (they shouldn't, there are bugs in 1.6 that allow for it but they don't instantly destroy anything they spawn on), only destroying stuff from spreading.

It's smart to clear the weeks from areas of importance or just from everywhere you have machines, crops, etc.

Yvi

Sodbuster
I tend to run around Monday morning and clear any weeds that have spawned overnight, especially around where I'm growing crops. If I take care of it on Mondays, even if I miss a few in far corners, it stays under control for the week. Though at the very beginning when I haven't totally cleared the farm, it's a neverending battle.

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
I tend to run around Monday morning and clear any weeds that have spawned overnight, especially around where I'm growing crops. If I take care of it on Mondays, even if I miss a few in far corners, it stays under control for the week. Though at the very beginning when I haven't totally cleared the farm, it's a neverending battle.
The thing is, I had just cleared away any weeks and grass around the Rarecrow while ensuring the area around the crops was clear. It just hit all of a sudden. When I got hit with the message, it wasn't even a weed that overcame the Rarecrow. There was a rock and small sticks there. I don't know if maybe the sticks or rock was hiding behind the Rarecrow and the other spawned right next to it to take it out but regardless, Rarecrows, being so rare and hard to get sometimes, should be protected, As it is, I now have to wait for the night market to buy it (thankfully all of them are for sale again once you've earned them, but only at the night market).

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
The thing is, I had just cleared away any weeks and grass around the Rarecrow while ensuring the area around the crops was clear. It just hit all of a sudden. When I got hit with the message, it wasn't even a weed that overcame the Rarecrow. There was a rock and small sticks there. I don't know if maybe the sticks or rock was hiding behind the Rarecrow and the other spawned right next to it to take it out but regardless, Rarecrows, being so rare and hard to get sometimes, should be protected, As it is, I now have to wait for the night market to buy it (thankfully all of them are for sale again once you've earned them, but only at the night market).
Rocks an sticks will do damage too. Even if area was spotless the night before they can pop up.

again, cool as they are I would store all rarecrows in a chest or display them in your home or a shed until you get the deluxe rarecrow recipe.
Use cheap ones or duplicates only for farm.