Wedding outfit ideas?

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
Hi!
Im planning on marrying Sebastian, and relized that I want to plan my outfit ahead of time. I have the sewing machine unlocked, and am thinking of a simple, white color scheme ( with some mild ornamentation). I might use the trimmed gold top, but other than that I dont have any experience with making outfits, so any and all suggestions are welcome! By the way, my hair is purple/black if it helps!

Lew Zealand

Helper
The simplest ladies' Wedding outfit that many people target as a default is:

Bridal Shirt, Tailored from Ornamental Fan
Long Dress, from Sunflower or Fairy Rose and dyed White
Bridal Veil, from Pearl
optional:
Crystal Shoes, but you can't see shoes anyway in the Long Dress so no biggie if you don't have them. Very nice if you get married in a Skirt though!

Simple Dress (Honey) and even
Genie Pants (Ancient or Starfruit) dyed White are reasonable pants options.

I don't like the Wedding Shirt much so there are all sorts of other options, dyed White or maybe a nice muted or pastel color if you find White boring:

Strapped Top (Coral, Nautilus, Sea Urchin) is a favorite for many but I don't like it much either
Gold Trimmed Shirt (Dwarf Scrolls) is very nice with some flair, I see why you like it
Tube Top (Sea and Super Cucumbers) is also popular but I don't like strapless
Sailor Shirt (many Fish, look it up)
Silky Shirt (Radish Salad) has a nice high waist belt with copper accent
Button Down Shirt (Artichoke, Beet, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Eggplant, Pumpkin, Yam)
'80s Shirt (Cactus Froot), for a saucy off the shoulder look
Shirt and Belt (Carrot, Cauliflower, Garlic, Green Bean, Hops, Kale, Parsnip, Potato, Taro Root, Tea Leaves, Unmilled Rice) has a gold belt buckle but the neck and beltlines are lower than the Silky Shirt
Shirt and Tie (Bruschetta)
Shirt with Bow (Orpiment) has a subtle design on the front
Tank Top (Radish, Cabbage, Squash) sounds informal but matches the Long or Simple Dresses nicely in white

Some fun non-White options:
Dark Highlight Shirt (Life Elixir/Monster Musk/Oil of Garlic) kinda works as a corset with dyeable trim
Midnight Dog Jacket (Squid Ink) is a better corset
Studded Vest (Obsidian) makes a great corset

Last edited:

VampireCake

Farmer
Welcome. :cool:

There's a bridal top, use an ornamental fan and cloth at the sewing machine. I'm quite a big fan of the silky shirt as well - it's made with radish salad, it looks lovely in white.

You can make a veil with a pearl at the sewing machine, or there's some hat items that make a nice alternative if you have them unlocked. The tiara if you're feeling fancy, or the daisy clip, delicate bow or butterfly bow.

You can check out the tailoring page on the wiki here if you don't mind spoilers.

edit: posted simultaneously with Lew. 😆

ISSsloth

Farmer
As well as Lew and VampireCake's suggestions, you could also use the:

Shirt277b.png Silky shirt, tailored with radish salad. Will have to be dyed.

Shirt199.png Toga shirt, tailored with marble. Can't be dyed.

Shirt258.png Spring shirt, tailored with spring onion. Can't be dyed. Could be an interesting option of you want a more unique look.

If you change your mind on the colors, I'd recommend giving the tailoring wiki page that Vampire Cake linked to see if any shirts catch your eye. There are plenty of suits and blouses you could use. I was in the middle of typing out my message when Lew and Vampire Cake beat me to it!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
If I were trying for the genuine bridal outfit I'd probably go with Bridal veil, Bridal shirt, and the dress, all white (you can dye most clothing at emily's).

For a suit it seems lew missed the actual Suit top shirt
1722134903080.png
which is just perfect, alongside a dark pair of pants and optionally a clean hairstyle from the wizards basement (statue of illusions for 500g)

I personally just wear whatever though, who wouldn't want to show up to their wedding with a rainbow shirt, baggy yoga pants, and a wet mop of grass atop their head!

VampireCake

Farmer
Another choice for a coloured option: the Oasis Gown (actually a shirt, made with Tom Ka soup), and simple dress dyed a matching blue. Also matches the Blue Ribbon hat. I would totally get married in this IRL. :heart: