Wedding Festival

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hm, to make this functionally happen, most events cordon off an area that you can't leave except for one or 2 exits. I assume that any character interaction before the wedding would need the typical alterations on the town square map where the wedding usually is, with the common vine-ropes to keep you in the area and not wandering off. No wedding runners!

You chat with the villagers beforehand, maybe with some wistfulness or dialog about the one that got away if you're dating the whole town (who would do that? :sneaky: :toothy:), or jealousy from erstwhile suitors as @Bawby mentioned. Then typical ceremony and dancing Marnie. Then maybe a small chitchat session afterwards with congratulations, etc. and an exit to end the event.

Oooo!!!

Wedding Gifts!

TEA SET!!!!!

You know, that's interesting. A venue change. Town square like normal, church sanctuary, field where Flower Dance is held just to name a few.
The Flower Dance field is perfect! The Town Square already has loads of uses but the Flower Dance field is used like once a year! An entire beautiful part of the map that's woefully underused.

100% the Wedding Ceremony Event should be there.

Old Man Tab

Planter
Hm, to make this functionally happen, most events cordon off an area that you can't leave except for one or 2 exits. I assume that any character interaction before the wedding would need the typical alterations on the town square map where the wedding usually is, with the common vine-ropes to keep you in the area and not wandering off. No wedding runners!

You chat with the villagers beforehand, maybe with some wistfulness or dialog about the one that got away if you're dating the whole town (who would do that? :sneaky: :toothy:), or jealousy from erstwhile suitors as @Bawby mentioned. Then typical ceremony and dancing Marnie. Then maybe a small chitchat session afterwards with congratulations, etc. and an exit to end the event.

Oooo!!!

Wedding Gifts!

TEA SET!!!!!

The Flower Dance field is perfect! The Town Square already has loads of uses but the Flower Dance field is used like once a year! An entire beautiful part of the map that's woefully underused.

100% the Wedding Ceremony Event should be there.
I agree with you and what you saying

Thats a good idea and i love it

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I really like the idea, doesn't have to be large, just some congratulations from each person.

Here's some extra reasons I think it would be a good idea:
1. Could be made to be impossible to miss, currently you can just miss your own wedding which sucks
2. Instead of a regular prompt to enter the festival, there could be a prompt which asks you if you want to wear wedding clothes or something, I see so many people who didn't know they'd be wearing their weird hats when they get married. Make it a choice though, sometimes I actually do put some thought into my weird garments.
3. Would add some depth to the wedding, right now it seems so shallow, you date which is basically no different than a regular friendship then they move into your house after a weeklong engagement, having a more meaningful ceremony would be a nicer transition.

VampireCake

Farmer
I am totally here for this. Big YES to the Flower Dance field and wedding gifts particularly. :cool:

Also I think it'd be nice (but maybe rather involved programming-wise) if maybe some of the townspeople dressed up for the wedding. Apart from looking nice it'd be a fun option for some dialogue. I can just see Marnie in a big hat, exclaiming how she's finally had an occasion to wear it, Vincent grumbling how his tie is uncomfortable but the cake is nice, Jas running around in a frilly dress and claiming she wants a wedding just like this when she grows up, maybe Kent in his military dress uniform, etc.

Old Man Tab

Planter
I am totally here for this. Big YES to the Flower Dance field and wedding gifts particularly. :cool:

Also I think it'd be nice (but maybe rather involved programming-wise) if maybe some of the townspeople dressed up for the wedding. Apart from looking nice it'd be a fun option for some dialogue. I can just see Marnie in a big hat, exclaiming how she's finally had an occasion to wear it, Vincent grumbling how his tie is uncomfortable but the cake is nice, Jas running around in a frilly dress and claiming she wants a wedding just like this when she grows up, maybe Kent in his military dress uniform, etc.
But what if you have the Ridgeside Village and the Stardew Valley Expanded mod?