Wearing more than 2 rings (why not?)

With all the rings available in Stardew Valley, have any of you ever wished that you could put one on each or every other long finger for a total of 4 of 8?

So, I'm curious as to why ConcernedApe coded the game to only allow us to equip only 2 rings:

a) wearing more than 2 is too darn uncomfortable
b) wearing more than 2 violates the rules of the "magicverse"
c) more than 2 active rings would make combat in Stardew Valley too easy
d) an ability to equip 8 rings at once may make the Forge next to worthless
e) other

Notice that I did not make this into a poll. I would love to read your thoughts about this.

Pangaearocks

Planter
You can effectively use four rings simultaneously. However, it requiresgetting to the Forge and Frodo things up a bit.

Otherwise, I'll go for option e) (or c) wearing 10 rings would be overpowered ;-)

Magic and suspension of disbelief and such, but I've always found it kinda strange that we get superpowers just by slapping on some jewelry :D
(don't mean just in SDV, but many games in general, especially RPGs)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As blade said they are probably better described as bracelets, it makes more sense from a gameplay perspective.
I definitely think the word “bands” could have been used, bangle sounds too clunky with some and other options are just overall worse as well.

Potatoes

Farmer
I think in some ways it is a holdover from D&D where you could only wear 1 ring on each hand.
I feel like this makes sense.

I also feel like it would end up making the combat system too easy, but maybe as an endgame thing you could pay a bunch of money or trade a bunch of drops to be able to eventually equip more.

Well, the reason is obvious... Our farmer only has two fingers.
This is my new favorite headcanon! :wink:

Lew Zealand

Helper
2 fingers are all anyone ever needs. More than that is just showing off with useless fluff and frankly a waste of Homeobox gene expression which could otherwise be used to add in extra ribs or an actually useful tail. We make robots with 2 fingers and they're always taking over the world in movies, so clearly this is enough:

And look at the decadence of robots with even a single extra finger:

Using that superfluous digit for dainty pinkies-up consumption like at a genteel society gathering.

OK actually this is good. Fine, 3 fingers it is.

FairyRing

Farmer
2 fingers are all anyone ever needs. More than that is just showing off with useless fluff and frankly a waste of Homeobox gene expression which could otherwise be used to add in extra ribs or an actually useful tail. We make robots with 2 fingers and they're always taking over the world in movies, so clearly this is enough:

And look at the decadence of robots with even a single extra finger:

Using that superfluous digit for dainty pinkies-up consumption like at a genteel society gathering.

OK actually this is good. Fine, 3 fingers it is.
yeah and the Ninja Turtles have 3 fingers as well and they are very genteel.

I like the rings and the end game set up of rings as well. I do wish helmets did something though.

FairyRing

Farmer

Not a single extended pinkie.

OMG they probably just skipped out of Cotillion because they heard Shredder wasn't gonna be there. Being the good guys means more than just chasing the bad guys, there is also society to consider.
lol I was being sarcastic these dudes are so rough and tumble even their rat leader has a name that's indicative of a broken something "Splinter".
No cotillion for these terrapins only martial arts and pizza class (Shane is certified to teach this class)

qaija

Sodbuster
Better yet, change your character so he/she has 20 fingers so you can wear 20 rings! And don't forget to wear a ring on your thumb too! And why just one ring on a finger? I've seen pictures of women wearing two or more rings on each finger. So why not three rings on each finger. With 20 fingers and two thumbs that would be 66 rings.

Why mess around a little bit when you can do it a whole lot!

And why shouldn't there be bombs that kill the monsters? With crab shell rings on every finger your defense would be 330 and you would be impervious to the bomb's effects. This would make it easy for those folks who hate Skull caverns because they die too easy.

Last edited: