Weapons for the mines

Tash*star

Greenhorn
So I died in the mines and lost my amazing sword. I cant remember what it was called but it was blue and kept me alive until level 84. Now all I have is a dagger and sling shot to use when fighting monsters. Is there anywhere I can get additional weapons because the ones I have are rubbish. Thanks

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm a newbie to this
Protip: if you die in the Mines and something you absolutely need (like your primary weapon) is lost, quit out, abandoning that day unsaved. Reload and restart that day. It's not worth losing something that isn't super easy to replace (especially early on, they can be quite expensive for your income at that point). Later on, other weapons become even more expensive.

And yes, the Adventurer's Guild is where you want to go. My recommendation is the Bone Sword. It's super quick, a sword's wide swing, and the best damage of the things that should be for sale there, if that's how far you've gone in. It'll run you 6k g.

There you can also check the list on the north wall, that's the number of monsters you've killed and how many you need to kill to get rewards from Gil, the guy sitting on the right. Some of those are REALLY nice. (My favorite is the reward you get for killing slimes.)

Ereo

Helper
You should even be able to have Marlon retrieve your lost sword.
Blue sounds like it's the one you can get while fishing, and it is pretty good.

Tash*star

Greenhorn
Protip: if you die in the Mines and something you absolutely need (like your primary weapon) is lost, quit out, abandoning that day unsaved. Reload and restart that day. It's not worth losing something that isn't super easy to replace (especially early on, they can be quite expensive for your income at that point). Later on, other weapons become even more expensive.

And yes, the Adventurer's Guild is where you want to go. My recommendation is the Bone Sword. It's super quick, a sword's wide swing, and the best damage of the things that should be for sale there, if that's how far you've gone in. It'll run you 6k g.

There you can also check the list on the north wall, that's the number of monsters you've killed and how many you need to kill to get rewards from Gil, the guy sitting on the right. Some of those are REALLY nice. (My favorite is the reward you get for killing slimes.)
Thankyou that's a really clever hack!

As another big tip, don't get into combat, avoid enemies as much as possible. This goes double for the grubs that will spawn into flies in the upper levels, and also particularly for slimes that have a lot of health for not a lot of return.

If you find yourself getting into trouble in the cold section (40-80) and you haven't lucked into something like the Forest Sword or the Wooden Club yet, consider the Wooden Mallet for 2k at the Adventurer's Guild once you hit level 40 in the mines. It's relatively hard-hitting, swings surprisingly fast, and the right-click can be used as a 'get away from me' panic button. There's also something of an exploit concerning the hammer class weapons involving using the right click ability then spamming left click to hit multiple times. But even without that, the Mallet is a solid weapon for 2k, and should easily carry you to the Lava Katana on level 90.

Failing that, if you prefer a sword, the Claymore unlocks at level 45 and is also 2k in price. It swings slower, but does more damage per hit. Sadly, the alleged bonus to defense doesn't actually function due to a bug in how the code is handled.

Either way, the Steel Smallsword you get at level 20 should at least carry you to 40-45 and that weapon should carry you to the Lava Katana if you are careful. If you get lucky finding a club or the forest sword or some other weapon drop (Neptune Glaive?) then you're pretty good to go. But generally, avoid combat and you should be fine.

Sigrah

Farmer
I guess I'm in the minority, I *love* going on murder sprees against monsters in the mines and Skull Cavern. It breaks up the monotony of spending most days watering my crops, then fishing early on in the game. Mining ore is fine too, but I really enjoy the action and distraction combat provides.

Ereo

Helper
Me too! I don't find it very stressful once I get a good weapon, enough cheese and the realization that passing out is not the worst :)