Weapon levels

Fonselot

Farmhand
Hi. Just one simple question for which I can't find any answer on the wiki or anywhere.

What does exactly mean the level of a weapon? Is it just a short indicator of its power? Does it have any correlation with your combat skill level?

I am just curious about this.

Thank you very much.

imnvs

Local Legend
Before 1.5, I don't know what difference it made...

...but in 1.5?
When forging a weapon (adding up to 3 gems to it), the benefit the forging process grants is effected by the level of the weapon. Ex: when adding rubies to a weapon, the damage increase is greater, the greater the weapon's level.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
Additionally in 1.5 there is a game option for randomizing bonus chest loot from the normal mines (e.g. level 10, 20, etc.) and different weapons from same lvl are mixed together for possible expected loot.

Fonselot

Farmhand
Ok. So basically the level was a number that gave a hint about the power of the weapon before the 1.5, and after that it has more meaning and it's important for forging.

It's nice that we have now a bit more depth and flexibility into the combat part of the game.

Akemisora

Planter
I think it's an useless information (just like fish's length), better look at its actual stats instead. Damage and Speed are the most important stats to know. Higher damage = better, faster speed = better (but increasing it too much won't give any noticeable effect).