Warp Totem/Obelisk to Cindersap

Malymin

Farmhand
Does anyone else find it weird there's ways to warp to the mountains and the beach, but no way to warp to Cindersap Forest?

Even without warp totems, the Mining Carts make it easy to travel from a location *near* the farmhouse to a location *near* the entrance to the beach, or to *two* different points of interest directly within the mountains. There isn't really anything nearly as convenient for traveling to Cindersap Forest.

It would be nice to have a way to fast travel to Cindersap (especially either the secret woods, or the southernmost part of the main map) directly from the Farm.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Does anyone else find it weird there's ways to warp to the mountains and the beach, but no way to warp to Cindersap Forest?

Even without warp totems, the Mining Carts make it easy to travel from a location *near* the farmhouse to a location *near* the entrance to the beach, or to *two* different points of interest directly within the mountains. There isn't really anything nearly as convenient for traveling to Cindersap Forest.

It would be nice to have a way to fast travel to Cindersap (especially either the secret woods, or the southernmost part of the main map) directly from the Farm.
OK I totally think Cindersap is getting the short end of the Totem pole, and I'd like to see the Forest Totem deliver you to a spot just outside of the dilapidated Silo I tossed out which the Wizard dumpster-dived and converted into his tower. You're reasonably close to the Hat Mouse and the Secret Woods but unfortunately still pretty far from the Spring Onions and other areas in the east of the map.

But thats no excuse for not having a Forest Totem as I almost never use the Mountains Totem since it's also not really close to anywhere I usually want to go. In well over 1000 hours of play, I think I used one twice in this playthrough and that was my first time ever. Uh, lol no! I used the Mountains Obelisk but OK it's pretty much the same thing.

Wait we need a Forest Obelisk, too!

Last edited:

Nice idea.

There are additional minecart entrances with some mods. Maybe it's also possible to have extra warp totems with a mod!?

Bawby

Planter

The secret woods especially makes sense considering it's more than 1 location away. I have a mini-obelisk set at the South entrance of the farm, but it does feel like it could use more. Your idea would've been great to have!

Lew Zealand

Helper
The secret woods especially makes sense considering it's more than 1 location away. I have a mini-obelisk set at the South entrance of the farm, but it does feel like it could use more. Your idea would've been great to have!
Mini-obelisk. I really need to retrain the monkey to use that thing but... I often forget to use my Horse when rummaging round the Farm so by the time I'm ready to head off on another wild adventure to find new napping spots, I barely remember to bring Mr. Boneybutt much less find where I left him. That Hossfloot is a real contender with the Return Sceptre for the best thing ever in the game. The Rod of Rapid Recall is a fantastic time saver but the Musical Melody Maker of Mount Mauvering saves me from forgetting. My arch-nemesis.

So I really like the idea of insta-teleport to the S end of the Farm followed by a musical Accio Boneybutt but I doubt I'll be able to regularly recall its existence until riding past and going "Oooh, yeeeaaahhh!" Still, I gotta try.

Maybe there could be something in the mastery cave, either a warp totem point or a minecart.
I always set up a mini warp system to get from the house or coop to the Southern exit on the farm asap, but I like both these ideas. A mine cart in the Mastery Cave (it wouldn't unlock until the cave does, just like the mine cart at the quarry) and a warp point in the Secret Woods (maybe somewhere in the Cannoli courtyard?) would make traversing Cindersap much easier mid-to-late game.

noobsqoou

Planter
I like the idea, especially with the mastery cave now, that would also allow faster sewer access which right now is pretty slow (even with a beach obelisk)
Heck, now that you mention it, some kind of warp or minecart in the sewers would be useful. It would allow fast access to the southern part of town and the southern part of the cindersap forest.

Of course, players are also asking for something to get them to the north-western corner of the forest faster. I’m feeling either something at Master Cannoli’s statue or maybe a warp spot in or at the Wizard’s tower once you become close friends with him.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Heck, now that you mention it, some kind of warp or minecart in the sewers would be useful. It would allow fast access to the southern part of town and the southern part of the cindersap forest.

Of course, players are also asking for something to get them to the north-western corner of the forest faster. I’m feeling either something at Master Cannoli’s statue or maybe a warp spot in or at the Wizard’s tower once you become close friends with him.
I could definitely see an adaption of the minecart, it doesn't have any southern locations, though it is a minecart to be completely fair, it should have more mine oriented locations

Sewer or southern cindersap on the other hand... those could easily have warps for them, the center room of the sewer is a cadidate, so is the actual mastery room like how the witch hut and wizard basement are connected

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think the indestructible tree under which Jas likes to play and that's right next to the traveling cart's spot would also be a good candidate for a warp location. That tree has always seemed special somehow, yet isn't.

It would also be right next to
the raccoon(s).
That spot is real close to the Farm so it'd likely not be chosen. Near the Wizard's Tower (my preference) is probably still too close to the Farm too, with either the Secret Woods, the Hat Mouse, or near the Spring Onions/Sewer Entrance making more sense when compared to the other Warp points.

And when you think that the other Warp destinations are all at least one map separated from the Farm, that argues more strongly for the Secret Woods. Except... it's not a super in-demand destination.

Hm. Makes me wonder what everyone goes to Cindersap Woods for most often?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think the indestructible tree under which Jas likes to play and that's right next to the traveling cart's spot would also be a good candidate for a warp location. That tree has always seemed special somehow, yet isn't.

It would also be right next to
the raccoon(s).
That's generally a location you can get to pretty easily though, especially if you're like most players and have the second mini obelisk close to the bottom of your farm.

You indirectly brought up a good point though, it should be central to the map rather than certain features, I think for that reason that the arrow island where you catch the glacierfish would be a good spot, not too close to anything defined but it would add something to an otherwise barren place, be decently close to a few features of note, as well as being central to the cindersap map while not being right next to the farm

That's generally a location you can get to pretty easily though, especially if you're like most players and have the second mini obelisk close to the bottom of your farm.

You indirectly brought up a good point though, it should be central to the map rather than certain features, I think for that reason that the arrow island where you catch the glacierfish would be a good spot, not too close to anything defined but it would add something to an otherwise barren place, be decently close to a few features of note, as well as being central to the cindersap map while not being right next to the farm
That's indeed a nice spot.
There could also be a secret entrance to a cave (with minecart) behind the waterfall. :flushed:

Another possibility is a minecart entrance at the rock face next to the (broken) bridge to the Flower Dance area.