Vulcano weird text

Sigrah

Farmer
People on Reddit have deciphered similar writing in the skull cavern, but I don’t know if anyone has worked on writing in the volcano dungeon. To be honest, I never noticed it was there!
Oh yeah, the top of the volcano has a very intricate looking pictograph that I suspect is in Dwarven. Here's a full blown screenshot. I put it in thumbnail because I took it at 100% zoom, but that means you can download it and zoom in without losing that much resolution.

Top of Volcano.png

Thanks for sharing.
After seeing the picture shared by @Sigrah,
I noticed:
- the mark of Yoba to the top
- bottom left side: croissant moon (or 3 other croissant submoons )and the earth
- The people living inside the mountains – possibly the Dwarven or Krobus' people.

My theory is that the croissant moon and 3 submoons indicate the specific date....–or seasonal moon. I would love to hear from people who knows Astronomy to tell us what date represents the moon in the picture.

I am going to quote the source that talks about seasonal moons.
Among the names for seasonal moons in both Native American and English traditions you can find those named the Pink Moon, the Egg Moon; the Flower Moon, the Milk Moon, the Sturgeon Moon, the Grain Moon, the Hunter's Moon, the Harvest Moon, the Beaver Moon and the Frost Moon. Those names are connected to seasonal activities, but they do nothing to change the flow of the seasons. The Harvest Moon, for example, is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox -- the beginning of fall. Traditionally, farmers used the light of the Harvest Moon to extend their reaping hours -- but that has no connection to the actual beginning of fall, which can come before or after the Harvest Moon.
source: https://sciencing.com/difference-between-lunar-calendar-solar-calendar-22648.html

Lew Zealand

Helper
"Lo, and in the Forty-Second year of our Adams did spake thusly yon ill Parrots: squawk! Meanderings and ponderings of this foul utterance brought forth the tepid and lilliputian elucidations of discovery whereupon an invasion most displeasingly hideous would beset the Fair Lands. Brandishing weapons and artifices to rend the soils and steamroll paradise, would an noxious invader defy the devouring and safeguarding waters and seek to transmogrify the Fair Lands with befouling right angles. Wily, cunning avian terrors molded the marauding squishbags into submissive servants, decreeing degrading labors upon the accursed beasts who seem barely capable of the minutest of understandings. Tiring of this loathsome and demeaning charade, Our Winged Overlords allowed access to the beauteous riches of the Fair Lands thus cursing all with endless hordes of hairless aggressors. And all was lost."

It was taken in shorthand.

Other option: It's a panorama of an earthworm dance party.

"Lo, and in the Forty-Second year of our Adams did spake thusly yon ill Parrots: squawk! Meanderings and ponderings of this foul utterance brought forth the tepid and lilliputian elucidations of discovery whereupon an invasion most displeasingly hideous would beset the Fair Lands. Brandishing weapons and artifices to rend the soils and steamroll paradise, would an noxious invader defy the devouring and safeguarding waters and seek to transmogrify the Fair Lands with befouling right angles. Wily, cunning avian terrors molded the marauding squishbags into submissive servants, decreeing degrading labors upon the accursed beasts who seem barely capable of the minutest of understandings. Tiring of this loathsome and demeaning charade, Our Winged Overlords allowed access to the beauteous riches of the Fair Lands thus cursing all with endless hordes of hairless aggressors. And all was lost."

It was taken in shorthand.

Other option: It's a panorama of an earthworm dance party.
WOW. I think that someone has too much time on their hands lol. If I could leave a thousand likes on one post I would do that to this in a heartbeat, I'm not even joking. (Thanks for the laughs, Lew) Edit: btw, this is canon now. No one can change my mind at this point. Not even if CA came into this thread and said otherwise.

Sigrah

Farmer
Thanks for sharing.
I noticed:
- bottom left side: croissant moon (or 3 other croissant submoons )and the earth
- The people living inside the mountains – possibly the Dwarven or Krobus' people.

My theory is that the croissant moon and 3 submoons indicate the specific date....–or seasonal moon. I would love to hear from people who knows Astronomy to tell us what date represents the moon in the picture.

source: https://sciencing.com/difference-between-lunar-calendar-solar-calendar-22648.html
Personally, I wonder if this has something to do with the Dwarves and how they came to be on the Stardew world. I suspect this because *and potential SPOILERS below*:

1)
We know the Dwarves currently and/or previously lived in the underground areas of the volcano.
2)
From the lost book Mysteries of the Dwarves, we also know that the Dwarves describe themselves as "Smoluanu", which means "sky people", but live underground on the Stardew world.
3)
Also from Mysteries of the Dwarves, we know that the Dwarves have advanced technology, and even M. Jasper speculates about them coming to the Stardew world on a crashed space ship that bored underground, and that they adapted over time.
4)
The way it depicts the sky and space on the left, and the underground on the right, it's seems to be showing something that could be proof of M. Jasper's theory as mentioned in Mysteries of the Dwarves.

Bonus, but not necessarily related:
Some of those runes / characters are very similar to or share letters with Dwarf runes from Lord of the Rings and old school Forgotten Reams for DND.

Sigrah

Farmer
Thanks for sharing.
I noticed:

Just a follow-up, I noticed this in the secrets page of the Stardew Valley wiki earlier this evening. It seems they have already figured out what the plaque above the volcano forge says. The link is below, just know there are huge spoilers on that page beyond just what the plaque says.

Just a follow-up, I noticed this in the secrets page of the Stardew Valley wiki earlier this evening. It seems they have already figured out what the plaque above the volcano forge says. The link is below, just know there are huge spoilers on that page beyond just what the plaque says.

I prefer @Lew Zealand's translation, it seems much more accurate to me.