Windows Visuals freeze after changing zoom level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I adjust the zoom level, after a few seconds the game freezes, but I can still hear my character move and swing their tools. Alt-tabbing out and back causes the screen to start flashing rapidly. The UI zoom level is unaffected. This was happening in 1.5.5 as well, I was hoping the 1.6 update would fix it. I'm on windows with the steam version, I have no mods installed and I made sure its a fresh install of the game. I verified the integrity of the game files and turned off the steam overlay. I tried setting the zoom level, saving and quitting, then restarting the game, but the game still froze a few seconds after I stepped outside. I tried the compatibility version of Stardew Valley, and that had no problems. This makes no sense to me because I checked and I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows. I'm now completely out of ideas and not sure how to fix this.

liquidcat

Staff member
Hi! I've locked this thread because we are currently directing all 1.6 issues to the central thread to help keep things organized. I noticed you have already added about your issue there so feel free to add any additional information you are able to provide and thank you for reporting!

Status
Not open for further replies.