Vegemite is gross!!!

BrickBanger80HD

Greenhorn
If you don't live in Australia, you probably won't know what Vegemite is. Vegemite is an Australian spreadable. You can spread it on toast, bread, and sandwiches. ONE PROBLEM!!! THE TASTE! It is made of thick, black, salty spread made from leftover brewer's yeast. The yeast is combined with salt, malt extract, the B vitamins thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, and folate. And it tastes horrendous! Revolting! But people in Australia like Vegemite a lot. They like it, you can try it. If you don't like it. So save it for the real Australians.

download (2).jpg
download.jpg

MissDandy

Farmer
If you don't live in Australia, you probably won't know what Vegemite is. Vegemite is an Australian spreadable. You can spread it on toast, bread, and sandwiches. ONE PROBLEM!!! THE TASTE! It is made of thick, black, salty spread made from leftover brewer's yeast. The yeast is combined with salt, malt extract, the B vitamins thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, and folate. And it tastes horrendous! Revolting! But people in Australia like Vegemite a lot. They like it, you can try it. If you don't like it. So save it for the real Australians.

View attachment 5213View attachment 5214
My best friend lives in Aus and would be fuming if she read this 😂 She has told me all about it, and she said that the biggest problem non-australians have with it is the taste (As you mentioned). However, the reason so many people don't like it is probably because they put WAY too much of it on toast. If she saw that picture you posted, she would gag. She said for it to be enjoyable, you have to put the smallest amount (about 1/4 teaspoons) if you don't want to be overwhelmed. Otherwise, yeah it's gross! I personally have never had it but that's just what she told me lol.

BlaDe

Farmer
VEGEMITE IS NOT PEANUT BUTTER. Do not try to eat it like peanut butter. (Marmite is better).

These spreads are tangy, and you only need a little to get the taste.

Kreeate

Rancher
That original picture showing the Vegemite "plastered" on will result in a revolting piece of bread. Eww...

Below is an example of how I like my Vegemite and Marmite...
It's even better when sprinkling some grated cheese on top and grilling in the oven until melted and toasty. Yum!

1623449402120.png

Swartzki

Tiller
OMG my music teacher in school married a guy from Australia, and so one day she decided to bring this stuff in for us to try, and to make a long story sort I tried it, it was vile, I got sick, and I got to go home. it was so bad.