Solved Vanilla rings not applying buffs when worn. [Windows]

fellowclown

Sodbuster
So while in a vanilla single player game, I noticed that when I wear the glowstone ring and the thorn ring.
No buffs apply, the icons don't appear in the right corner.
I am using windows 11 and the language is in english.
I am using a computer with a mouse and keyboard.
I'm using version
1727490559376.png

Below I have included a video of the bug.

Pathoschild

Developer
Hi! The Glowstone Ring and Thorns Ring give passive benefits without a buff, so it's normal that there's no icon.

If you're wearing a Thorns Ring and a monster in the mines touches you, it should receive a bit of damage. And if you stand outside on the farm late at night (e.g. past 9pm), you should see a noticeable difference in the light around you when equipping or unequipping the Glowstone Ring. Do those work for you when you try them?

fellowclown

Sodbuster
Hi! The Glowstone Ring and Thorns Ring give passive benefits without a buff, so it's normal that there's no icon.

If you're wearing a Thorns Ring and a monster in the mines touches you, it should receive a bit of damage. And if you stand outside on the farm late at night (e.g. past 9pm), you should see a noticeable difference in the light around you when equipping or unequipping the Glowstone Ring. Do those work for you when you try them?
Oh! Okay I understand then, they do work i was just remembering a buff icon. Thank you for explaining! My issue with custom rings must not be attached to a vanilla issue then. So that helps!