Updateing old mods

Hedda002

Newcomer
Hi I been playing on and of so when I start sometimes it says I have the old version but I'm to scared to fix it before before when I took out the old mod and changed it to the latest update my game won't start it just stand still in smapi or takes 30-40min to load. I have tried deleting the preferences file but nothing changes.

What I'm I doing wrong?

VegaPunk101

Greenhorn
Have you tried updating smapi / or checking if any of the mods you use are broken / outdated? some mods are broken and abandoned and WILL break your game

VegaPunk101

Greenhorn
True, the latest PC update broke a lot of mods. Have you played since the update came out? What mod did you take out?
So I haven't played for a while tbf specifically a few months so I didn't get the chance to see for myself and I'll keep you updated if I do! but for outdated/abandoned mods, I found people who update them every now and then, search unofficial mod updates and you might find your fav mods updated by people who aren't the creator, I really really don't recommend downloading the abandoned ones from the original creator because it WILL break your game!