Updated to 1.6.6 on steam and I want to go back to 1.6.5 [Mac] [Steam]

Liaaaam

Newcomer
I know I probably sound stupid, but I just got back into the game and I play with a bunch of mods but don't want to wait until SMAPI updates to support 1.6.6. I instinctively updated the game and now cant play because SMAPI is not up to date.

Is there any way to downgrade the game to 1.6.5 or any other workarounds?

Odyssey

Tiller
I think you just need to launch a second time with SMAPI and it will work with 1.6.6.

In my experience after a new update (apart from a major one like the original 1.6 that did require downloading the new version of SMAPI), the first attempt to launch always fails (I think its something about not being able to find the game files but can't remember exactly what the message says) but there is a message saying the problem has now been fixed. If I then relaunch the game it works correctly.

Odyssey

Tiller
I just got the message again for the latest patch, so I copied it for you. I use windows so it's possible that it's different on Mac but for me the SMAPI log says:

The 'StardewModdingAPI.deps.json' file didn't match the game's version. SMAPI fixed it automatically, but you must restart SMAPI for the change to take effect.