Solved Update to 1.5 not working

Henry Scores

Farmhand
Hi, I have played Stardew for quite a while, but only started playing on PC last year. Therefore this is my first update on PC. I have downloaded the update on steam, but when I run the update it just starts prepping then closes again without he window ever opening. I use SMAPI to mod, in case the issue resides there somehow. I've run both SMAPI and regular version many times, running from steam or Files ends in the issue above, while the desktop shorcut just loads SV 1.4.5. Can anyone help me? I'm on Windows 10.

Daedelonis

Tiller
Crashing right before the intro screen usually results in using an older version of SMAPI as well as frame skipping. Since 1.5 has come out recently and every mod had to be updated following the major patch, most likely will have to update all the mods you've been using and delete the ones that haven't. Also update SMAPI to 3.8.0+ (now 3.8.1) to run 1.5 like the mod stated.

Henry Scores

Farmhand
First, make sure you have the latest version of SMAPI (3.8.1) by installing it from https://smapi.io/. If you still have an issue after that, please share a log (https://smapi.io/log)!
Crashing right before the intro screen usually results in using an older version of SMAPI as well as frame skipping. Since 1.5 has come out recently and every mod had to be updated following the major patch, most likely will have to update all the mods you've been using and delete the ones that haven't. Also update SMAPI to 3.8.0+ (now 3.8.1) to run 1.5 like the mod stated.
Thanks you two for anwsering, but it didn't work. My game still does the same thing wether I run it from Gamefiles x86- or directly from Steam.

When I try to run Smapi, it now shows as the new version (i think the problem came from the fact that my Stardew Valley shortcut came from a copy of the real folder for speed, so the changes made by Steam only happened to the original, but now that it's deleted it still doesen't work). The error message is this:

[game] The game failed to launch: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "LooseSprites\Concessions". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\LooseSprites\Concessions.xnb". File not found.

I have to assume that it comes from the fact that I haven't launched the original yet with update, but since I can't run the first ones, that kinda stops me. There comes quite a few extra lines, but they just repeat something about not being able to extract files from strings. XNB and so on.

Tadik._.

Newcomer
hi can you help me if i turn on smapi (install on windows file) so it will show me smapi has stopped work and i don't know why it shows me :(